The K.W.C. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomePortalRegisterLog in

Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1

Go down 
+5
Skevengal
Sizzle Fish
Jenna0607
Apollo
RenRei00
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Skevengal
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Skevengal

Male Number of posts : 841
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4770 - 8456 - 5123
Special Awards : Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Png10
Date Joined : 2011-06-06

Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 8:29 pm

RenRei00 wrote:
I'm proving my point to Sizzle with evidence, Jenna.
What are the OCG names of the Dragons from the original series with um...the Dragons that fused for Equip Cards, fusions, and trap cards...I think that was it. Like Hermos...and some other names :p
Back to top Go down
RenRei00
Administrator
Administrator
RenRei00

Male Number of posts : 1017
5Ds WC 2011 FC : Retired
Special Awards : Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Png10
Date Joined : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 8:37 pm

Skevengal wrote:

What are the OCG names of the Dragons from the original series with um...the Dragons that fused for Equip Cards, fusions, and trap cards...I think that was it. Like Hermos...and some other names :p

Helmos (Jounouchi Katsuya) , Timaeus (Yuugi Mutou), and Critias (Seto Kaiba)

I don't think 4Kids did any name changes to them during the Duel Monsters saga.

Back to top Go down
https://www.dailymotion.com/RenRei00#video=xn80vb
Skevengal
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Skevengal

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 8:42 pm

RenRei00 wrote:
Skevengal wrote:

Helmos (Jounouchi Katsuya) , Timaeus (Yuugi Mutou), and Critias (Seto Kaiba)

I don't think 4Kids did any name changes to them during the Duel Monsters saga.

^ Ah, yes yes yes. That was it Smile
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

Male Number of posts : 2237
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4169 - 7784 - 9311
Tournament Awards : Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Pictur10
Date Joined : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 3:09 pm

RenRei00 wrote:
dayvividnerdvillage wrote:
Rai, Shark is more like a replacement for Duke Devilin, or Chazz Princeton, or even Crow the bullet. He's not Yuma's main rival because he does own a 3000 monster, so I think his true rival is that guy with the photon hand.

But what about Yuki Judai? Yuki Judai's rival is Chronos De Mediz (Dr. Vellian Crowler)? Since he owns the Antique Gear Golem card whos attack is 3000? I am aware of what your trying to get at.

But it's not a DRAGON now is it? Kaiba owns a Blue Eye. Chazz? owns a LV dragon...

I think the maker of Yugioh GX kinda confuse on this one because they gave Zane the characteristics of a fearsome player and lonely guy caring about his brother and Kaiba style in vest and gave the 3000 Dragon to Chazz.

Other than GX you have Jack Atlas owning a 3000 Dragon monster

Then that new kid has the same overall robe in his duel mode style as same as Seto Kaiba, Dark Zane or even Jack Atlas. That's why he didn't finish off Yuma and taken his soul because he was just dueling him as dueling any number people he've met and wasn't really a villain enjoying what he does. Otherwise he would have taken that min to finish his task and then worrying about his brother.

Also note that the protogonist's rival always plays the same role as the main protogonist.

Example: Yugioh Pharoh, and Kaiba Priest same Egypt past.

Judai and Jessy? See GX is confusing because they multiply the personality of the protonist's rivals, but they both sees spirit and Jesse was under Yubel control wich Jaden had to save him from on order to retrieve him back.

But other than GX, just like Yusei who had the same Signer's Mark so is his rival Jack. And they were the only one who poses two different kind of dragon.

Then now you see in Zexal Yuma with Astral and again that new Kid with the Photon Power and they both have a seeries of Numbers than anyone and they aren't control by the side effect of bringing out their darkness.

Whoever that kid is since I don't know his name he's the main rival of Yuma, and you will see that in the near future.
Back to top Go down
http://www.konamiworldchampionship.com/
RenRei00
Administrator
Administrator
RenRei00

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 3:30 pm

Thats a good point right there.
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

Male Number of posts : 2235
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3997-8622-5044
Date Joined : 2011-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 3:31 pm

I don't like it when 4Kids messes with this stuff. silent
Back to top Go down
RenRei00
Administrator
Administrator
RenRei00

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 3:36 pm

Sizzle Fish wrote:
I don't like it when 4Kids messes with this stuff. silent

I have to agree with you Sizzle.
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 5:02 pm

4Kids is an American company right?
Back to top Go down
RenRei00
Administrator
Administrator
RenRei00

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 5:10 pm

Sizzle Fish wrote:

I think so.
Back to top Go down
Skevengal
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Skevengal

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 5:22 pm

RenRei00 wrote:
Sizzle Fish wrote:

I think so.
Yep, it's american...they're edits...they actually had one with Akiza where...her breasts are still as shown in the Japanese anime and then when she draws, the frame changes and they're smaller...I think some guy on Youtube filmed it o.O
Back to top Go down
RenRei00
Administrator
Administrator
RenRei00

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 10:30 pm

Yami Kevin wrote:
Normally I don't like reading walls of text but I enjoyed this one.
Nice work Rei Very Happy

Wall of text reading for the win. Thank you
Back to top Go down
Drakan
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
Drakan

Male Number of posts : 367
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 0174|0024|8838
Tournament Awards : Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Png10
Date Joined : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 12:52 pm

I spent forever reading this and some of them i've noticed some you've done some hard work. This is a great topic Rei!
Back to top Go down
RenRei00
Administrator
Administrator
RenRei00

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 1:17 pm

Drakan wrote:
I spent forever reading this and some of them i've noticed some you've done some hard work. This is a great topic Rei!

Thank you Drakan, I've appreciated your feedback on this topic.
Back to top Go down
Skevengal
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Skevengal

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 2:11 pm

RenRei00 wrote:
Drakan wrote:

Thank you Drakan, I've appreciated your feedback on this topic.
This should go on wikipedia. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:32 pm

Skevengal wrote:
RenRei00 wrote:
Sizzle Fish wrote:

I think so.
Yep, it's american...they're edits...they actually had one with Akiza where...her breasts are still as shown in the Japanese anime and then when she draws, the frame changes and they're smaller...I think some guy on Youtube filmed it o.O

That's...weird.
Back to top Go down
RenRei00
Administrator
Administrator
RenRei00

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 6:02 am

Skevengal wrote:

Yeah that's possible but do remember that Wikipedia can be edited by anyone.
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 1:04 pm

RenRei00 wrote:
Skevengal wrote:

Yeah, you can't always trust wiki.
Back to top Go down
RenRei00
Administrator
Administrator
RenRei00

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 12:56 am

I wonder if we'll see some kind of Xyz God Cards/ Xyz No. God Cards or something during ZeXal series, since 5D's had Synchro Polar God Cards.

Last edited by RenRei00 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 2:01 am

Probably, most likely.

Almost sure it will.
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

Tournament Awards : Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Pictur10

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 2:25 am

RenRei00 wrote:
Skevengal wrote:

True that. I never trusted Wikipedia for that cause.

Also things you are missing out.

Shark is the Rival of Yuma, but Kaito is the rival of Astral. This similarity is shown how Chazz is the rival of Jaden, but Aster Phoenix is the rival of Dark Zane. Only that it's a different paradym and since Jaden didn't have his Spirit Yubel with him from the beginning, things were haze.

So for the rematch part you should note that Kaito and Astral fought irregardless it ends as a draw. And Shark challenges Yuma after he lost against him irregardless it ends that Yuma lost because he's an unskilled duelist without Astral.
Back to top Go down
RenRei00
Administrator
Administrator
RenRei00

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 6:52 am

dayvividnerdvillage wrote:
And Shark challenges Yuma after he lost against him irregardless it ends that Yuma lost because he's an unskilled duelist without Astral.

Actually it was Yuma who challenged Shark to a duel. Not to mention that Shark was running away from the beginning when Yuma first requested a second duel with him.
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 4:13 pm

True the way it seemed when you are looking at it in the anime.

The purpose of Yuma challenges Shark was to separate him from the gangs he were with. The purpose of Shark accepting the rematch was to beat Yuma out of his number cards. Shark was not running away, Shark was only trying not to be seeing with Yuma to not lose his gang trust.

Also for double duel, Shark and Yuma dueled 2 Number guyz right afterward, so I think you missed that part.

Then I had times to think, there's also a similarity of the main character or the the protogonist's friends always share their cards with their friends, or lends them cards.

For instance, Yugi gave Joey time wizard during the Pegasus thingy. Kaiba gave Yugi Fiend Sanctuary to help defeat Marik. Joey gave Yugi Red-Eyes Black Dragon after he lost vs Kaiba so that Yugi can use it to win during the Battle City finalist. (Kaiba is not a guy that will ask for cards back, and Yugi is not the type to keep someone else's card in his deck without a achieving a purpose)

My memory on GX is not soo good lol, but all I know is that Jaden got Winged Kuriboh from Yugi Muto from the beginning.

5D's I think the card Z-one was given to Crow by Elsworth, but not to use in a duel but to remind Sherry who she was and the bond Elsworth and her shared with the card. Sherry couldn't care less and used the card in the intend to win.

So far in Zexal when the Number 96 possessed Astral's body, Yuma gave the fat boy his Number 39: Utopia to defeat it, then return it back.

So as you can see in all yugioh series, there has been a "card giving" thing going on.

Last edited by dayvividnerdvillage on Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RenRei00
Administrator
Administrator
RenRei00

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 4:52 pm

I do have it in section 29 where Yuma & Ryoga (Shark) duel Rikuo & Kaio who have 2 of the Number cards, it's jut theirs no information of me typing that they have the Number cards. I'm not quite sure if having the Number cards would make a difference that Rikuo & Kaio have Number cards. I can't believe I didn't even see the card giving thing >.<
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 6:27 pm

OK, makes sense, and thanks for pointing out it was 96 instead of 69 lol. Here is a picture of Elsworth beating himself up when Sherry joins the Dark Side. This is proof he had the Z-One card. Also there's another scene when he gave the card to Crow but you'll have to follow along with the video and screen cap it.

Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 830px-10

Got more things that jugs my memory. Satorius wears a "white" coat on GX.

Also forgot to add that Yusei received all the signer's Dragon in order to summon his big thingy magig. They did not show you when they gave them the cards but obviously Yusei doesn't do magic and creates replica of those cards.

In 5D's there were TAGs. More like Tag Turbo duel. Somewhere when Crow first appeared, they showed you a history about Crow and Yusei Tag dueling two Sector Security.

Also for Bolt Tanner history, they showed you he used to participate in TAG Turbo tournaments with his partner which later on he quits dueling because of an incident.

Then you have a "Friend Saving" thingy.

For Yugi to save Joey under Marik's mind control he needed to face off with Joey under the chain, and the hook that eventually fells off when he lost the duel on purpose.

GX is a bit confusing again, and I think the creator purposely does opposite of the original anime. But here goes... For Dark Zane to test Jaden if he was ready to face Jesse under Yubel control, he had to duel him giving all he's got, but passed out because of a heart attack. (Obviously acquire a Dark World deck also had him something to do absorbing shock from his heart, which is what he used to do when he disappear out of the duel academy and reappear and every one are going Dark Zane was back, and he was dueling with those shocking device.)

Then believe it Jaden was dueling Yubel (without Jesse body) and he saved her by using the Super Poymerization card, which ends the duel. Yubel was hurt because Jaden abandoned her. But then again Yubel was only dueling Jaden to prepare him from his biggest challenge to come, and made him accept that with his Supreme King side he's stronger.

In 5D's for Yusei to save Akiza from her psychic power and hate, he had to duel her and Yusei really got hurt with real life virtual torns, but Yusei won in the end which Akiza then was forever loyal to Yusei now that she found someone that cares for her beside Sayer.

So far no clues in Zexal.

Lastly you forgot the "Dark version of monsters."

It's like the original monsters but joins the Dark side.

When Yami Yugi activated the Seal of Oricalcos, he summoned a lot of Dark monsters, including Kuribabolon which is the extreme version of Kuriboh.

On GX, when Jesse got possessed by Yubel, he had all sorts of Dark Crystal beast thanks to the effect of his field spell card.

In 5D's from the 10th anniversary movie, you can see that Stardust Dragon was absorbed by the Professor banner looking guy and when used against Yusei it was Stardust Sin Dragon and the original card was blank. Along with lots of other powerful cards which were turn to Sin cards. So I believe this is as close as transforming a normal card to an "evil" card.

Zexal so far no clues as of yet.
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 12:52 am

For the Friend saving part I was thinking in Zexal it might have been when the Fat kid dueled Yuma under the Number 96 control. Not sure if it's right but that seemed all I can think for a similarity.

It couldn't have been the duel between Shark because Shark was acting on his own, and went all out on Yuma and beat him. So Shark wasn't acting under the influence of someone or something.

And if you want more luck, the arcana cards were flip cards which has good and bad effects, but when Satorius first appeared, he dueled a Rocket man using his luck , then duels many others with flip cards that goes to his favors.

In Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's I think during the tournament the guy with sleeping thud was rather lucky to pull his move with a deck of weak monsters and 1 card. Other than that I can't recall any chance episodes on my head.

Last edited by dayvividnerdvillage on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1   Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible Yuugiou Connection To Past Sagas? Part 1
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next