The K.W.C. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomePortalRegisterLog in

Red Nova OTK

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

Male Number of posts : 2237
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4169 - 7784 - 9311
Tournament Awards : Red Nova OTK - Page 2 Pictur10
Special Awards : Red Nova OTK - Page 2 Png10
Date Joined : 2008-10-04

Red Nova OTK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Nova OTK   Red Nova OTK - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 2:43 am

Sizzle Fish wrote:
Ak wrote:
This deck needs a few traps like Mirror Force, Solemns, Bottomless, to name a few. I tried it out a few times but couldnt bring out Nova.

Yeah, the staple traps.
Bottomless is not needed so much anymore though since Solemn Warning came out, so it isn't necasarily a must in this deck.
I prefer Bottomless than a Mirror Force

It's not whether or not if it's need it depends on the quantity of Defense you're Adding.

Here's my list.

TOP 1 - Royal Oppression
TOP 2 - Torrential Tribute
TOP 3 - Solemn Judgment
TOP 4 - Solemn Warning
TOP 5 - Bottomless Trap Hole
TOP 6 - Chain Disappearance
TOP 7 - Trap Hole
TOP 8 - Raigeki Break
TOP 9 - Mirror Force
TOP 10 - Dimensional Prison

None of my decks now has a Mirror Force... and my winning victory is always perfect on my hand advantage because my hands are monsters & spells and my monsters doesn't just seat there but does instant actions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.konamiworldchampionship.com/
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

Male Number of posts : 2235
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3997-8622-5044
Date Joined : 2011-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Red Nova OTK   Red Nova OTK - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 1:34 pm

dayvividnerdvillage wrote:
Sizzle Fish wrote:
Ak wrote:
This deck needs a few traps like Mirror Force, Solemns, Bottomless, to name a few. I tried it out a few times but couldnt bring out Nova.

Yeah, the staple traps.
Bottomless is not needed so much anymore though since Solemn Warning came out, so it isn't necasarily a must in this deck.
I prefer Bottomless than a Mirror Force

It's not whether or not if it's need it depends on the quantity of Defense you're Adding.

Here's my list.

TOP 1 - Royal Oppression
TOP 2 - Torrential Tribute
TOP 3 - Solemn Judgment
TOP 4 - Solemn Warning
TOP 5 - Bottomless Trap Hole
TOP 6 - Chain Disappearance
TOP 7 - Trap Hole
TOP 8 - Raigeki Break
TOP 9 - Mirror Force
TOP 10 - Dimensional Prison

None of my decks now has a Mirror Force... and my winning victory is always perfect on my hand advantage because my hands are monsters & spells and my monsters doesn't just seat there but does instant actions.

Mirror Force is a top 3 for me. Shocked
The card creats major field advantage.

I don't see how Rageki Break beats it...or Torrential.
The rest I can understand.
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

PostSubject: Re: Red Nova OTK   Red Nova OTK - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 4:00 pm

You can check this deck: http://www.konamiwc-forums.com/t2827-featured-tengu-synchro-birdman
Or this deck: http://www.konamiwc-forums.com/t2787-fabled-now-meta

There are other ways I added Mirror Force to my deck. For example when I'm not running Solemn Warnings, you would already figure out I'm also not running Bottomlesses or any instant killer cards because my monster would be weak but they would be deadly, so I would include a Mirror Force with other protective cards.... Sometimes I felt like using Swords of Revealing light too on that case lol.

Here's my 6 Samurai traps

3x Double-Edge Sword Technique
2x Dust Tornado
1x /* Mirror Force */
2x Musakani Megatama
1x Solemn Juggment
1x Torrential Tribute

There's no way I would play a deck without Royal Oppression so you can expect my side to have it. Then I would gladly replace Mirror Force for Royal Oppression anytime during the duel lol... but because this deck focuses on Sp Summon too much playing it will disrupt my strategy, so for the first starting duel which is the element of Surprise I always like to go all out on my opponent.

Here's what I've come between all the time in duels with people that uses their brains.

Option 1 - First they start out clearing your field to Synchro Summon Trishula to take out your monster, your hand and your graveyard..
ex deck: Chaos Plant Synchro with Seven Tools, Fables with Rageiki Breaks, etc... and did I tell you how much I hate the term "End Phase" Mystical Space Typhoon?

Option 2 - If they cannot clear your facedown and they can easily kill your monsters in Battle they would Synchro summon, Stardust, Arcanite Magician, Scrap Dragon or even Naturia Barkion which is used in most Earth Attribute decks. And did I tell you how much I hate my traps being negated by other things beside these?

Option 3 - Sometimes most people wants their cards to be destroyed. They don't care. This is why everyone uses a Tengu in their decks nowadays. Or why certain duelist puts "Starlight Road" in their side decks.

Playing Mirror Force is very predictable from the now Meta. No one cares honestly and it's not that great, even Dimensional Prison has more value than it sometimes.

I mean, when I used to use Mirror Force I always have a hard time to use its effect without my opponent either negate it, destroyed it before it's even activated or even use it against me.

Torrential Tribute has more possibilities because you can actually stops a Trishula from being Synchro summon. First you will see a Tuner...then you will see a non Tuner... as soon as that come, you kill it and your opponent will have to rethink. Or even kill an Arcanite Magician.

Trust me no one is stupid enough on the advance world to go all out on someone without figuring out the possibilities of stopping your traps, so your best option is to stop them earlier instead... which is where "Intermediate" and "Advance" duelist are differs.

- Mirror Force is good but never uses.
- Morphing Jar is good but puts you at risk if you cannot finish your opponent the same turn.
- Tytannial Princess is good only on full Plant decks, but since they semi-limited Lonefire Blossom it gives duelist dead draws 50/50 all the times, which is why since then no one uses it.
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Red Nova OTK   Red Nova OTK - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 5:17 pm

Yeah, I know that Mirror Force can sit on the field, but destroying 2 cards or more with just one card creates a great card advantage for you, and can completely turn the tide of the duel. You just gota know how to use it, and find the right oportunity. You don't always have to save it for when your opponent has 3+ monster on the field, or when your opponent is about to play some huge move. I use it to create card advantage, by destroying 2+ of my opponents cards with just one Mirror Force.

Dimensional is just a card for a card mostly, besides removing from play those tricky monsters, like Stardust.

It all depends on the user preferences I guess, and their what deck their using.
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

PostSubject: Re: Red Nova OTK   Red Nova OTK - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 5:51 pm

I just don't care lol. The first guy that attacks, is the one that goes down. That's how I use mirror Force Razz
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Red Nova OTK   Red Nova OTK - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 5:54 pm

I just don't care lol. The first guy that attacks, is the one that goes down. That's how I use mirror Force Razz

Well uhh I guess that's your preference then haha. tongue

I try to get more out of Mirror Force then just destroying one card.
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

PostSubject: Re: Red Nova OTK   Red Nova OTK - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:10 pm

If you have bad hands and are stalling for turns, you probably would wait for more monsters, but if you want to clear the field because you want to take your opponent's LP down instantly, when you look at your hand it'll just be another card you have to use this turn.

And yeh I wouldn't risk playing Mirror Force... but who knows I might even use Exchange and give you my Mirror Force for free Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Red Nova OTK   Red Nova OTK - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 6:15 pm

If you have bad hands and are stalling for turns, you probably would wait for more monsters, but if you want to clear the field because you want to take your opponent's LP down instantly, when you look at your hand it'll just be another card you have to use this turn.

And yeh I wouldn't risk playing Mirror Force... but who knows I might even use Exchange and give you my Mirror Force for free Rolling Eyes

Use exchange? Like trading?

Cause I have 9x every card, so there's not much to trade. tongue
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

PostSubject: Re: Red Nova OTK   Red Nova OTK - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 8:16 pm

Sizzle Fish wrote:

But Mirror Force is limited lol....and 9x of every card? That's cheating because you can only play with 3 Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Red Nova OTK   Red Nova OTK - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 12:49 am

Sizzle Fish wrote:

But Mirror Force is limited lol....and 9x of every card? That's cheating because you can only play with 3 Suspect

I can't use every card haha, there's still the ban list. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Nova OTK   Red Nova OTK - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Nova OTK
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2