The K.W.C. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomePortalRegisterLog in

Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3

Go down 
+8
Zeke
Yami Kevin
Darkness92
Shiki
El Suave
Alitia
webmaster
Shiko
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shiko
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
Shiko

Female Number of posts : 469
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 1462.3021.6101
Date Joined : 2009-04-01

Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Empty
PostSubject: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 2:59 am

So, I made a comment somewhere about me starting a Yu-Gi-Oh RP on Gaia Online (possibly here if we have a decent amount of people interested), and a few people have shown intrest, so I'll make one centralized thread for it.

Anyways, as I mentioned in another thread, I do not have a plot yet. I was thinking about coming up with two ideas and seeing what people would be more interested in doing (or both might be used for separate roleplays if people are ambitious enough.). I was thinking that one might be duel school based (kind of Yu-Gi-Oh GX; credit for this idea goes to Alitia), and the other could be set in a normal kind of town/city setting, maybe kind of like Battle City? I do, however, need a plot for us to go on. Maybe something tournament-related, or maybe something bad-guy-sabotage-related, or possibly even both. What do you guys think? How interested would you be?

Last edited by Shiko on Tue May 12, 2009 2:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kagenoshiko
webmaster
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
webmaster

Male Number of posts : 1547
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 0818-1241-0766 / 0302-7428-4649
Special Awards : Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Png10
Date Joined : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 5:03 am

i'm very interested!

i have a plot idea:

yugi, judai and yusei are kidnapped by a group of unknown criminals.
without the main defenders of each era, each world has plunged into chaos.
now it is up to seto, chazz and jack to save the main characters from the unknown group.
seto leads team alpha. chazz leads team beta. jack leads team omega.
each of the team leaders employs the minor characters from each of their worlds.

now the interesting part. as they were about to leave team HQ, the transport machine
glitches and teleports each team to another world.
team alpha ends up in 5D's. team beta ends up in DM. team omega ends up in GX.
now with no way to get to their own worlds, each team must adapt to the dueling
style of each world and save the main character of that world.
Back to top Go down
Shiko
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
Shiko

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 5:46 am

I like that idea, but I think it might be better if we had a more original character themed plot instead of a canon (from the series) character one. Sometimes people can't grasp a canon's personality, or if they do, they may often break character. Maybe there can be a way to use that plot and tweak it to where OC's will have to rescue them?
Back to top Go down
Alitia
Duelist Admiral
Duelist Admiral
Alitia

Female Number of posts : 115
5Ds WC 2011 FC : Dont have one.
Date Joined : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 5:54 am

Yeah personally I'm a bigger fan of an original character driven story.

I'm sure a lot of people could RP the original characters well but some people will quite badly destroy them Razz
Back to top Go down
webmaster
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 9:13 am

Shiko wrote:
I like that idea, but I think it might be better if we had a more original character themed plot instead of a canon (from the series) character one. Sometimes people can't grasp a canon's personality, or if they do, they may often break character. Maybe there can be a way to use that plot and tweak it to where OC's will have to rescue them?

oh yeah forgot about people breaking character.
well yeah. we could just use the OCs.
^_^
that will make it more interesting.

OC stats:
name: Vice Justice
sign: Taurus
blood type: O
deck type: lightsworn
personality: the smart-silent one

might as well get a head start ^_^
Back to top Go down
Shiko
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
Shiko

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 1:43 pm

Whoa, hold on there. We still need to work some other kinks out for the storyline, like how will our OC's tie into the story? How will they be tied to the canons that get kidnapped? Should we have people playing characters that are on the antagonist side, or should they be NPCs? I think there's some other points I had, but I forgot.
Back to top Go down
El Suave
Novice Duelist
Novice Duelist
El Suave

Male Number of posts : 35
5Ds WC 2011 FC : none
Date Joined : 2009-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 2:16 pm

How about instead of starting it off with a bad guy and a whole plot, you start off small. I'm thinking just start off with a Duelist Kingdom theme where there are many chosen duelists who have been invited to go to a secluded island and duel each other fora chance to duel some bigshot for a grand prize. Then you can start putting more plot twists as the story goes on.
Back to top Go down
Alitia
Duelist Admiral
Duelist Admiral
Alitia

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 5:43 pm

That was the main reason I suggested the Duel school idea. Rp could easily carry on for a while with introductions, people getting to know each other at school, normal school drama, backstories ect.

Then a large plot could easily be put into the fray.
Back to top Go down
El Suave
Novice Duelist
Novice Duelist
El Suave

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 5:52 pm

the duel school plot is pretty cool. easy and good to work with.
Back to top Go down
Alitia
Duelist Admiral
Duelist Admiral
Alitia

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 6:44 pm

I don't know how this would work but I had a weird idea.

Maybe new pupils to the school get given a pre made structure deck and will have to acquire packs as they go somehow.

Just an idea XD
Back to top Go down
webmaster
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:31 pm

woah. we're having an info overload.
lol. we'll just see which plot everyone likes then we go with that^_^
Back to top Go down
Shiki
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Shiki

Male Number of posts : 1624
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 0474-9581-2060
Date Joined : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Why not just make a poll to see what people like what plot and how many think it's better?
Back to top Go down
webmaster
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:31 pm

Shiki wrote:
Why not just make a poll to see what people like what plot and how many think it's better?

capital idea shiki!
come on people enter your plot ideas!
Back to top Go down
Shiko
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
Shiko

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 10:03 pm

Wow, overload indeed.
XD

I like Alitia's idea of students being given a structure deck.
I'm also used to doing things small then going big, but that turned into a four, almost five year roleplay.
>.>
Anyways, everyone post your ideas and I'll make a poll for it.
:3
Back to top Go down
webmaster
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 10:37 pm

okay.
mine is the saving the main characters from some evil org.
Back to top Go down
Darkness92
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist

Male Number of posts : 300
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 2149 5127 4822
Special Awards : Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Darkness92-1
Date Joined : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:00 pm

I like the idea of I don't know let's say the return of darkness and other villians in the old days. The main characters are missing because the villians had dispose of them by trapping them. They have the abillity of time travel and its up to some regular duelists that want to help.
Back to top Go down
El Suave
Novice Duelist
Novice Duelist
El Suave

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:40 pm

we could probably make our own system of booster packs. Either shiko or anyone who wants to design a booster will announce all the cards that can be acquired within the booster, the rarity of each card. I think gaia allows you to roll dice doesn't it? There could be some way of figuring out what kind of card you get depending on the roll or whatever system we use. Maybe you can pm the person in charge of the booster and roll your chances, then they will tell you what cards you receive. then maybe a new booster can be introduced one at a time like every month or something.

Edit; I just thought of an even better way for the booster system. The person who created the booster is in charge of making the Booster Box balanced, (one rare card in each booster, only 2 ultra rares in each box, etc.) The Box holds up to 50 boosters. People can pm the creator of the booster and pay him the currency in the game and the buyer will roll a # between 1-50 and will receive the booster packs according to the # they choose. This way there aren't a bunch of mirror forces floating around everywhere and makes everyones deck a lot more different and unique. The Booster Box will then refresh back to 50 cards after 1 month when the NEW Booster Box is released. I hope this makes sense to all of you, I'm in class right now so I'm not really thinking about what I'm writing.

If you want I can be in charge of the "Card Store". I'll just rp with one character and use another character who only interacts through pms with selling cards and boosters. I'll make my rolls public so people do not suspect me of cheating. I'm already thinking as far as making a folder on my desktop with the name of the booster box, and 50 other folders in there with the name of the cards in each folder. This is my vision of seeing everyone having an equal chance at getting cards.

The only way I can see duels going fairly is by doing them on wc09 or something.
Back to top Go down
Yami Kevin
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Yami Kevin

Male Number of posts : 641
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3739-1615-2365
Date Joined : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 7:33 am

after readign everything (especially el suave,s post) this feels like its going to be fun and i would like to join the RP.tho this will be the first time i will RP
Back to top Go down
webmaster
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 8:13 am

now i'm confused due to El Suave's post.
will we be RP here? or on Gaia?
i confused now LOL. Razz
Back to top Go down
Shiko
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
Shiko

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:05 am

It depends on what would be easier, though we can use randomizer.org instead of Gaia if people want so we can post here.

I was also thinking of people being able to buy cards in the thread, that way it's more public than PMs, or making a separate thread altogether. Also, for fair duels, we can use the randomizer.org/Gaia option as well. Everyone numbers the cards in their deck when they post it and when a duel is going to happen, myself or someone I decide can randomize ten numbers at a time for each duelist, that way you can't Yugi your way to winning. XD I came up with this idea for another roleplay I'm in and everyone liked the idea, though we've yet to really start the roleplay.
Back to top Go down
webmaster
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:12 am

okay. well i think it would be easier here cuz not EVERYONE has a gaia account.
also, threads seem more manageable compared to messaging.
but that's just one man's opinion. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Alitia
Duelist Admiral
Duelist Admiral
Alitia

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:33 pm

Well if we go the Gaia route I have free guild space.

Umm as for duelling we could all just do our duels on WC09?

Only thing that means is we are limited to the card set in 09 but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Shiki
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Shiki

Male Number of posts : 1624
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 0474-9581-2060
Date Joined : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 12:41 pm

For those who have the R4, could put on the "No-Ban" list code temporarily just for the role-play though. Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
El Suave
Novice Duelist
Novice Duelist
El Suave

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:16 pm

don't mind my posts, just throwing out random thoughts to make the rp interesting.
Back to top Go down
webmaster
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 11:10 pm

El Suave wrote:
don't mind my posts, just throwing out random thoughts to make the rp interesting.

if they are to make the RP interesting then they are not randomly thrown out thoughts!
they are helpful thoughts^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3   Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh! Broken Destiny: Brainstorming. :3
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next