The K.W.C. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomePortalRegisterLog in

Time to speed up.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shiki
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Shiki

Male Number of posts : 1624
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 0474-9581-2060
Date Joined : 2009-01-19

Time to speed up. Empty
PostSubject: Time to speed up.   Time to speed up. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:26 pm

So then, here we go with the next topic. "DMZ Hosting." This applies to those games that have servers or needed to create rooms and such. It also works for other occasions but it pretty much speeds up any gaming wifi. There are two ways but I'm posting up this way as of now cause I can't remember the other one and need to look at my settings to recall it. Enough of my chatting and let's get started.

Step 1: As usual type in the address bar "http://192.168.1.1"

Step 2: You'll come across a login screen. The username is "admin" and the password is "password" that is, if the router has never been touched. If it has, ask for the information from the person whoever changed it. If they somehow happen to forget, call your ISP and ask them for it.

Step 3: Look for the "Security" tab and click on it.

Step 4: Look for this option called "DMZ Hosting" and click on it. You'll probably come to a screen like this:

DMZ Hosting

Your DSL Gateway can be configured to support online gaming and Internet conferencing services. To use this feature:

1. Enter the Name of the computer in the DMZ Host PC Name field below.
2. Make sure the circle next to On is selected
3. Click Apply to save your changes.

Step 5: Turn on your wifi capable device and connect to wifi. Once you do that, go back to the DMZ screen and scroll down until you see your "Nintendo DS" settings. If you don't see that, try disconnecting your DS, look at the tab to see what was there, connect again and look for anything new that popped up in the tab.

Step 6: Click "Apply" and save your settings.

Step 7: Go ahead and try it out.

Extra Note: It's also best if you have a password security along your wifi such as a WEP key. Thats about it.
Back to top Go down

Time to speed up.
Page 1 of 1