The K.W.C. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomePortalRegisterLog in

I got bad English grammar

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Deng
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Deng

Male Number of posts : 757
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 2751-3229-9785
Special Awards : I got bad English grammar 9breaker-1
Date Joined : 2009-02-04

I got bad English grammar Empty
PostSubject: I got bad English grammar   I got bad English grammar Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 8:32 pm

Through out my life i always had bad English grammar in writting. I'm always stuck with getting mid or high C in English. I was hoping anyone here would post a paragraph so i can see how you guys write. Just to let everyone know I'm not lazy and i am working on my English. I need some more sample to improve.

Post good papers u got just like a paragraph that would be nice. It be nice if its American style English ty all
Back to top Go down
Shiki
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Shiki

Male Number of posts : 1624
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 0474-9581-2060
Date Joined : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: I got bad English grammar   I got bad English grammar Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 8:36 pm

Sure thing. Wanna give me a topic to write about?
Back to top Go down
Deng
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Deng

PostSubject: Re: I got bad English grammar   I got bad English grammar Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 8:49 pm

i was hoping that u had some save up in ur comp and just copy paste here.
Back to top Go down
Tyler8890
Duelist Admiral
Duelist Admiral
Tyler8890

Male Number of posts : 93
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3996 1650 0803

PostSubject: Re: I got bad English grammar   I got bad English grammar Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 9:24 pm

I use to have terrible grammar. It's still not the best. I just started to think more when I write/type. Also, Proofreading reading works wonders as well.
Back to top Go down
Shiki
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Shiki

PostSubject: Re: I got bad English grammar   I got bad English grammar Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 9:58 pm

Well, I'm not exactly sure what to speak about so a topic would be best to get me started. xD.
Back to top Go down
Deng
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Deng

PostSubject: Re: I got bad English grammar   I got bad English grammar Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 11:41 pm

Ok i ll give u something ez. the topic is the death penalty, are u for it or against it? explain ur reason just 1 paragraph. Oh and plz have good grammar.
Back to top Go down
Alitia
Duelist Admiral
Duelist Admiral
Alitia

Female Number of posts : 115
5Ds WC 2011 FC : Dont have one.
Date Joined : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: I got bad English grammar   I got bad English grammar Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:29 am

I know English style English onry I'm afraid.

My grammar isn't the best but I like to think I can write fairly coherently. But the best of us have grammar problems from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Shiki
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Shiki

PostSubject: Re: I got bad English grammar   I got bad English grammar Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:00 am

Answer: Against it

I don't believe that it automatically affords 'closure' or 'satisfaction' to the victim's loved ones. Even the slightest possibility of a mistake is inexcusable. In addition, research has shown that the death penalty does not have a preventive role, (i.e: the prospect of being sentenced to death does not stop a criminal from committing the crime.) It is also very politically dangerous, because even a what is considered stable democracy may be under certain circumstances tempted to use it as a legal way to deal with opponents or simply ''inconvenient'' persons.
Back to top Go down
Deng
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Deng

PostSubject: Re: I got bad English grammar   I got bad English grammar Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 4:37 pm

ok ty for the paragraph, now i got a sense on how u write. The grammar looks good, but i haveto look into it more with my diana hacker book lol.
Back to top Go down
VenusRose
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
VenusRose

Female Number of posts : 359
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3309 0489 7569
Date Joined : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: I got bad English grammar   I got bad English grammar Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 2:09 am

Just remember the argument or the point you are pointing out in your essays/papers are very important too in which can give you different results in your final marks. Different high school teachers mark them differently. I use to have an English teacher that marks more purely on grammar (in which all I had was Wordpad, not MS word). So even with my argument very vague and not thought out (last minute papers), I put in the illusion and used as much correct grammar as possible.

Another teacher I had for my last year of High school was more purely on arguments and the point you make (how everything you write supports your thesis), so even with almost perfect grammar, I got a low 75% base on my laziness to think up of an argument, with only my grammar keeping the mark up. This is also a factor in final exams in which you don't know your marker, even with good grammar, bad arguments can prove fatal.

Both grammar and your point in your essay will have to be thought out.

With grammar, there is a site that will help you on fixing the top mistakes people make. Here is one that can at least help you off your feet. My old English teacher used it every single time he marks our essays. And every time, he picks on all the papers with the errors on it, emphasizing on how it eats him up on why people still make those mistakes. Just get these off your case, and then you can move up to improve. It's hard to tackle the more "complicated" stuff until you get rid of these common mistakes.

Some common mistakes. Try to make sure you know the difference. I won't assume you don't know the difference between all of them. So unless you ask, I'd explain.

Loose for lose
Bear for bare
there," "their," and "they're
Effect for affect
Lay for lie
your, you're
Then for than
There's more but I can't think up the whole list

Actually, it'd be easier. This site have some explanations on them.
http://spot.colorado.edu/~pasnau/writing/top10.html

----------------------

Another word of advice is that, for most of what you write, try not to use this symbol too often (apostrophe, I almost forgot the name *sweatdrop) ---> ' <--- to stay safe if you are unsure in many cases. Such as write out all words fully. That was one advice I got somewhere (I forgot where) to write a..."serious paper". Though it's not almost correct, but I use it in any English assignment.

Example:

You're, write You are
You'll, write You will
I'll, write I will
he'll, write he will...

For myself, I'm lucky to have a English Guide notebook. But for all of us that need freebies, internet is a lovely source.

Try this site. Not sure if it's too advanced depending on the paper you're writing. You might want to concentrate on one area first so brains don't explode. This is briefly on essays for the future in how to write "your point"
http://www.arts.uottawa.ca/writcent/hypergrammar/paragrph.html
Back to top Go down
http://vaaneessaa.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got bad English grammar   I got bad English grammar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I got bad English grammar
Page 1 of 1