The K.W.C. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomePortalRegisterLog in

Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style

Go down 
+2
Yami Kevin
Alitia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Alitia
Duelist Admiral
Duelist Admiral
Alitia

Female Number of posts : 115
5Ds WC 2011 FC : Dont have one.
Date Joined : 2009-03-29

Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style Empty
PostSubject: Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style   Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:18 am

For those who dont know what drafting is from MTG...

"Booster drafts starts with players that each has three packs of cards a piece. Each player opens the first pack of cards, chooses one of those cards, and passes the rest of the pack to the player on their left. They then take the pile of cards that was just past to them, chooses a card, and passes the remaining cards. This process continues until all the cards have been picked. At this time, the second pack of cards is opened, but instead of passing the pack to your left, you pass it to your right. The third pack of cards is once again past to your left. Between each round, you do get a review period where you are able to look at what cards you have picked.

After the draft has been completed, you will get a period of time to build a deck from the cards you have picked."

Does anyone think this would work in yugioh?
Back to top Go down
Yami Kevin
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Yami Kevin

Male Number of posts : 641
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3739-1615-2365
Special Awards : Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style Png10
Date Joined : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style   Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:36 am

sorry to say this ,but i dont think and hope this will ever happen
Back to top Go down
Alitia
Duelist Admiral
Duelist Admiral
Alitia

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style   Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:41 am

Any reason why? Its a fun and popular format in MTG.
Back to top Go down
Yami Kevin
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Yami Kevin

Male Number of posts : 641
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3739-1615-2365
Date Joined : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style   Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:50 am

whell i like to build my deck the way i feel like playing it.. i really dont wanna work with random cards unless i do it on purpose. i hope ur not mad at me for that.
Back to top Go down
Alitia
Duelist Admiral
Duelist Admiral
Alitia

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style   Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:53 am

Of course not, I don't mean this to take over as the main format of Yu Gi Oh, just something that can be a fun sideline. Kinda like traditional format is.

Granted it would have to be modified a bit for YGO purposes a bit.
Back to top Go down
Yusei Fudo
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
Yusei Fudo

Male Number of posts : 272
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 043097968875
Special Awards : Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style Yuseifudo
Date Joined : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style   Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 12:52 pm

Alitia wrote:
Of course not, I don't mean this to take over as the main format of Yu Gi Oh, just something that can be a fun sideline. Kinda like traditional format is.

Granted it would have to be modified a bit for YGO purposes a bit.
Oh yeh this would be pretty cool, as a kinda side game, would really test your ability on using new cards and your ability on making strategies out of the blue with what youve got
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/momo121212
Alitia
Duelist Admiral
Duelist Admiral
Alitia

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style   Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 1:20 pm

I was thinking it could start with 6 packets each (although a bit pricey I guess) and you open two packets at a time, that way you have to at least pass alone one rare/super/whatever.
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

Male Number of posts : 2237
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4169 - 7784 - 9311
Tournament Awards : Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style Pictur10
Date Joined : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style   Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:50 pm

That's actually in Magic the Gathering lol. A friend taught me that, and I was saying a"it's stupid" because I actually brought packs mad crazy and look for certain cards. Not rely on luck from others for certain card.

The wrong thing about drafting from any OCG/TCG games is that the person who gets the first pick gets the card prize. Either the first or the last, as it would be past from right , and from left. The person in the middle gets leftovers lol.

Also in Magic the Gathering, after drafting, they don't use their real decks but the draft cards on an 4 ways duel, to fight in ante styles. This works on new booster packs, and lots of player does it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.konamiworldchampionship.com/
Tyler8890
Duelist Admiral
Duelist Admiral
Tyler8890

Male Number of posts : 93
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3996 1650 0803
Date Joined : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style   Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:08 am

Did you make this same post on Pojo? Smile
Back to top Go down
Alitia
Duelist Admiral
Duelist Admiral
Alitia

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style   Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 3:32 am

Tyler8890 wrote:

*nods* Uh-huh... but I figured Id get a better/more intelligent response on here Very Happy

Also I stole my Pojo profile from a friend who gave up magic pirat
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

Male Number of posts : 2237
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4169 - 7784 - 9311
Tournament Awards : Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style Pictur10
Date Joined : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style   Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 8:19 am

Alitia wrote:
Tyler8890 wrote:

*nods* Uh-huh... but I figured Id get a better/more intelligent response on here Very Happy

Also I stole my Pojo profile from a friend who gave up magic pirat

I play both Magic and Yugioh lol. Actually, I'm a guy who likes to follow the root of something.

Egypt Hieroglyphics => Yugioh TCG => Magic the Gathering
+ Check (board games)
Back to top Go down
http://www.konamiworldchampionship.com/
thesufferingalive
Duelist
Duelist
thesufferingalive

Male Number of posts : 15
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 1977 7086 9055
Date Joined : 2009-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style   Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 12:53 pm

i play mgt too .... maybe this isnt the rigth place to say this but.... mtg its more organized that yugioh... i mean

they send awesome cards for only enter to a tournament .... just imagine for a second that you been playing about 121212 tournaments of yugioh right??? (thats my case) and each 20 of that tournaments you get a solemn judgment (mtg its criptic comand but its kinda the same)

anyways get back to theme i thik that yugioh have the preerelease event and will never use draft ... why¿? remember when the text of every magic card on yugioh becomes spell ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style   Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drafting Yu Gi Oh MTG style
Page 1 of 1