The K.W.C. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomePortalRegisterLog in

Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!!

Go down 
+2
Light0fTwilight
ultimate0
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ultimate0
ultimate0

Male Number of posts : 614
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 0862 - 2339 - 3995
Special Awards : Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!! Png10
Date Joined : 2009-02-07

Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!! Empty
PostSubject: Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!!   Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:51 pm

I'm confused about Dark World monsters effect that works after discarded from the hand to the graveyard. For example "Belige, Vanguard of Dark World", i've discarded that card from my hand using a card effect like "Lightning Vortex", but that monster didn't special summoned from the graveyard.

Please help me explain the effect of Dark World monsters especially the effect that works after discarded from hand to the graveyard. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Light0fTwilight
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Light0fTwilight

Male Number of posts : 1264
5Ds WC 2011 FC : None at the moment
Special Awards : Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!! Twilightaward
Date Joined : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!!   Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:10 pm

ultimate0 wrote:
I'm confused about Dark World monsters effect that works after discarded from the hand to the graveyard. For example "Belige, Vanguard of Dark World", i've discarded that card from my hand using a card effect like "Lightning Vortex", but that monster didn't special summoned from the graveyard.

Please help me explain the effect of Dark World monsters especially the effect that works after discarded from hand to the graveyard. Shocked
Weel it is kinda hard to explain but if the discard happens befor the effect it count's as a cost and the darkworld's monster effect wont happen.
Like in Lightning vortex you HAVE to discard a card for the effect to work but with cards such as Grace full carithy ( banned now ) you draw the cards befor you discard you'r card.

Mayby some one else could give a better explanation. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Light0fTwilight
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

Male Number of posts : 2237
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4169 - 7784 - 9311
Tournament Awards : Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!! Pictur10
Date Joined : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!!   Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:16 pm

Put it in this way.

Any cards that said discard then the effect is apply are cost. Any cards that their effects apply then discard will work with dark world.

But from the game there are two more other card's exceptions that doesn't fall into these categories which is Card Destruction, and Morphing Jar. For some reason on the TCG that problem was already discuss. These cards fall for the category of both players which result as both players discarding. So the Dark World's have two effects. One that is supper effective when being discarded by the opponent's and their usual discard effects.

Like Magic Jammer, Lighning Vortex, or any cards that their cost of discarding effects apply first would not work for Dark World. But cards that made both opponent discard will either work if you use it while your opponent has no cards or if your opponent has cards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.konamiworldchampionship.com/
ultimate0
ultimate0

PostSubject: Re: Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!!   Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 2:09 am

Thx for the help....i'll try to learn to use Dark World Moster...hahaha.... bounce
Back to top Go down
Mark Truesdale
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Mark Truesdale

Male Number of posts : 604
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3653 4497 8955
Date Joined : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!!   Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 4:21 am

uhh, I just made a dark world deck, AND i'm also new to this themed deck. But, I learned quite a whole lot about it when I used it.

I dunno why, but Lightning Vortex's discard effect really doesn't work for a dark world deck. The best cards for discarding for a dark world deck would be:

-Card Destruction
-Dark World Dealings (for drawing, its good for combos with Goldd, and Silva.You get a card then discard one card after)
-Dark World Lightning (For you're monster destruction needs)
-Mirage of Nightmare (I know its forbidden,but I use the atleast 1 forbidden card banlist)
- Dark Deal (yeah, this makes an activated spell by your opponent useless, and makes the effect of his spell "your opponent discards 1 card")

I hoped I helped you Ultimate. Just ask if needed.
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

PostSubject: Re: Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!!   Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 4:35 am

I would prefer Graceful Charity than Mirage of Nightmare.
Back to top Go down
ultimate0
ultimate0

PostSubject: Re: Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!!   Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 4:45 am

Thx for the card suggestion...it'll be help me alot in making Dark World's deck. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mark Truesdale
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Mark Truesdale

PostSubject: Re: Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!!   Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 6:37 am

well graceful charity will only be once...
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

PostSubject: Re: Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!!   Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 2:36 pm

Mark Truesdale wrote:
well graceful charity will only be once...
Once and it's instant. Also it's helpful to draw out other cards to be used for both the summon of a darkworld or to save ur butt with a card in desperate time.

Also Mirage of Nightmare chooses at Random. Graceful Charity u get to choose which card you discard. Mystical Space Typhoon destroys that lol. Graceful you cannot counter unless specifically with cards that negates activation.

You can put both Graceful Charity and Mirage only if one is available in a upcoming banlist and you get to use 1 ban card. But I would really prefer Graceful Charity to be used than Mirage of Night in choices of picking a ban card to use for Dark World deck.

Last edited by KWC on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mark Truesdale
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Mark Truesdale

PostSubject: Re: Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!!   Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 6:22 am

you make a great point KWC.
Back to top Go down
Vane1
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
Vane1

Male Number of posts : 498
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 0387-7319-9811
Special Awards : Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!! Vaneawards
Date Joined : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!!   Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 5:00 pm

ultimate0 wrote:

Simply put Dark World monsters cannot activate their effects if the effect which they were discarded for is a cost.

ie. Rageki Break, Lightning Vortex, Back to Square One, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
Mark Truesdale
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Mark Truesdale

PostSubject: Re: Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!!   Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:47 am

Yeah, but lightning vortex wouldn't work though.
Back to top Go down
Light0fTwilight
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Light0fTwilight

Male Number of posts : 1264
5Ds WC 2011 FC : None at the moment
Special Awards : Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!! Twilightaward
Date Joined : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!!   Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:49 am

Mark Truesdale wrote:
Yeah, but lightning vortex wouldn't work though.
Nope, it would't.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Light0fTwilight
Mark Truesdale
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Mark Truesdale

PostSubject: Re: Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!!   Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:14 am

Monster Reincarnation would work right?
Back to top Go down
Deng
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Deng

Male Number of posts : 757
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 2751-3229-9785
Special Awards : Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!! 9breaker-1
Date Joined : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!!   Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:01 am

i wonder if magic jammer works. but thanks guys i kinda of understand how dark world works now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!!   Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problem, Dark World Monsters Effect!!!
Page 1 of 1