The K.W.C. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomePortalRegisterLog in

Favorite "cheating" moment?

Go down 
+3
sedicius
DarkestDion
webmaster
7 posters
AuthorMessage
webmaster
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
webmaster

Male Number of posts : 1547
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 0818-1241-0766 / 0302-7428-4649
Special Awards : Favorite "cheating" moment? Png10
Date Joined : 2009-02-09

Favorite "cheating" moment? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite "cheating" moment?   Favorite "cheating" moment? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:26 am

You know those times when yugi/yami does something completely improbable and impossible in order to win the duel?
What's your favorite one?

mine was when yugi was fighting weevile and he used the rain of mercy card to make it rain.
As a result yugi said that Great Moth's attack power will be halved because its wings are wet and
Summoned Skull's attck power will double because Summoned Skull's attack is lighting based and
since Great Moth is wet, the water will conduct the lighting. LOL

haha. i cant believe that that's even possible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "cheating" moment?   Favorite "cheating" moment? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:36 am

I don't know but I think the rules were different. I still don't understand how he uses Mystical Refpanel though.
Back to top Go down
DarkestDion
DarkestDion

Female Number of posts : 702
5Ds WC 2011 FC : N/A
Tournament Awards : Favorite "cheating" moment? King11
Date Joined : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "cheating" moment?   Favorite "cheating" moment? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:59 am

a card that makes monsters reduce attack for each second passing? what the hell?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkestDion
sedicius
Administrator
Administrator
sedicius

Female Number of posts : 407
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 1032-5848-8523
Date Joined : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "cheating" moment?   Favorite "cheating" moment? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:26 pm

webmaster wrote:
You know those times when yugi/yami does something completely improbable and impossible in order to win the duel?
What's your favorite one?

mine was when yugi was fighting weevile and he used the rain of mercy card to make it rain.
As a result yugi said that Great Moth's attack power will be halved because its wings are wet and
Summoned Skull's attck power will double because Summoned Skull's attack is lighting based and
since Great Moth is wet, the water will conduct the lighting. LOL

haha. i cant believe that that's even possible.

Well, that's what the anime says to make it more exciting,
but I don't think he cheated.
He used Makiu, hence why it actually worked.

But what's REALLY suspicious is how he saved his Gaia the Dragon Champion with that very Makiu..
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/sedicius
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

Male Number of posts : 2237
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4169 - 7784 - 9311
Tournament Awards : Favorite "cheating" moment? Pictur10
Date Joined : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "cheating" moment?   Favorite "cheating" moment? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:14 pm

Ok, I'm not sure why you guys called this a cheat.

Back then, Yugioh was not as it is today; meaning they had mostly normal monsters and effect cards were very rare. If you follow the game's history is that it's made to fight in ancient stone tablet in Egyptian rules and stuffs. If you play Sacred Card, Resheft of Destruction or even Dark Duelist Story (for PSP) then you'll know what the first Yugioh used to be like. I also think that's one of the reason why Kazuki Takashi didn't make any series cards and most of the cards he made relies on Egypt back (Pharaoh Servant, Pharonic Guardian, Ancient Sanctuary, Spell/Magic Ruler... all Egypt stuffs) then which is why the animated show interested me at first. But then the story changes and I was already an addict of the game so even the twist plot I blend in.

The only cheat I may recall in Yugioh is when Yugi fought Dartz. None of the rules made sense, because when playing the seal of oricalcos a player can expand their board games to 10 spells and traps and monsters, and last I've checked the format only permitted five. Also a player continue the duel with 0 Life point due to some specific cards which were crazy. lastly what I never understood is how Yugi just get excited over some stuffs and say he will do something and he does it. My friends used to say that the second power of his millennium puzzle is for him to draw the right cards he needed.
(ever wonder why any of the Dartz season cards were never made to TCG/OCG cards?)

Also these same old monster cards (Summoned Skull, Thunder Dragon, Celtic Guardian, Dark Magician, etc) are made to dungeon dice games and capsule monsters game. Often the attribute defeats others and gets field advantages like you mentioned are all true. For example, if your floor is slippery wet and you plug in a electric thing which has little wire lose wouldn't you zap yourself?

- - To add more to it the first Yugioh relies on more Warriors vs. Dragons. GX relies on Breeds of Heroes vs. Gods. I'll tell you the third plot which is 5D's when I see at least the 6th series of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.konamiworldchampionship.com/
Duel Bot
Administrator
Administrator
Duel Bot

Male Number of posts : 680
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4898-7788-9503
Date Joined : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "cheating" moment?   Favorite "cheating" moment? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 4:27 am

Those improbabilities won't work now with the cards and the rules set out XD! Just so funny how things used to work in the anime.

This is the one I remember.
Yami used Brain Control on that Revival Jam to "revive on his side of the field" while Osiris/Slifer keeps destroying it as it's summoned. So because of that "infinite loop" of Marik's revival jam spawning again and again, he keeps drawing cards because of "card of safe return" (3 cards instead of 1 card gets drawn before), Marik's puppet decked out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dayvividnerdvillage.org
Light0fTwilight
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Light0fTwilight

Male Number of posts : 1264
5Ds WC 2011 FC : None at the moment
Special Awards : Favorite "cheating" moment? Twilightaward
Date Joined : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "cheating" moment?   Favorite "cheating" moment? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 12:25 pm

The one I remeber the most was in duelist kingdom.

When yami faced (forgot his name, but he looks like a evil happy clow).

Yami used catapult turtle to fire gaia the dragon champion and destroy his Castle of Dark Illusions.

With to start of with had a crazy effect dat made so Yami could not see his opponends feld.

Then the Castle of Dark Illusions breakd and smooshed his own moster and he lost all his LP. affraid
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Light0fTwilight
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

Male Number of posts : 2237
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4169 - 7784 - 9311
Tournament Awards : Favorite "cheating" moment? Pictur10
Date Joined : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "cheating" moment?   Favorite "cheating" moment? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:41 pm

VenusRose wrote:

This is the one I remember.
Yami used Brain Control on that Revival Jam to "revive on his side of the field" while Osiris/Slifer keeps destroying it as it's summoned. So because of that "infinite loop" of Marik's revival jam spawning again and again, he keeps drawing cards because of "card of safe return" (3 cards instead of 1 card gets drawn before), Marik's puppet decked out.

You are right XD. But know that Brain Control takes awhile before it was introduced in the TCG. Back then I used to be a big fan and search for such cards name "Brain Control" and it was never there. Even do my search on it, and Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia only had it as graphical animated pic. I think that card came on melenium Golemn boosters, then later on it came out in structure decks.

Kazuki Takahashi wrote the stories on how he thinks. He didn't forseen that the animated stories would be transfer to cards back then I thought.

Like Slifer was first introduced in Japan, and was banned to to its...err...unstoppable-ness unfair effect. No one knows the effect of it because I was searching for the God's effect myself. I had them on a GBA Game as collectibles.

Konami releases these God cards, and give them a proper effect only from the game because it serves a big role to the future generation series and the previous animated. That's why everyone would killed to get their hands of these Gods because "Yugi" uses it, and they could all act like him.

- - - Meaning Brain Control effect would have been right, and Revival Gem's effect too. It's just that the card maker think more legal, and more rationalize on the game basic before making the cards, but as for Kazuki, he just wanted to make the character suffer on his plot stories and compose any card he thought of that would make Yugi looks like a Hero.
Back to top Go down
http://www.konamiworldchampionship.com/
Mark Truesdale
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Mark Truesdale

Male Number of posts : 604
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3653 4497 8955
Date Joined : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "cheating" moment?   Favorite "cheating" moment? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 5:38 am

actually what yugi did wasn't cheating at all.

The tournament they were in wasn't with the real yugioh rules, Maximillion Pegasus just made some rules in that tourny, like the surroundings are added to the duel. Thus when yugi played the rain of mercy it will rain. and the attack of the great moth is halved.

Basically at the start it wasn't based on the rules. It was only based on the tournament rules made by Pegasus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "cheating" moment?   Favorite "cheating" moment? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 5:59 am

Mark Truesdale wrote:
actually what yugi did wasn't cheating at all.

The tournament they were in wasn't with the real yugioh rules, Maximillion Pegasus just made some rules in that tourny, like the surroundings are added to the duel. Thus when yugi played the rain of mercy it will rain. and the attack of the great moth is halved.

Basically at the start it wasn't based on the rules. It was only based on the tournament rules made by Pegasus.

That's exactly what I meant to say! Wink
Back to top Go down
webmaster
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "cheating" moment?   Favorite "cheating" moment? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:04 am

so basically they were screwing the rules cuz the producers have money?
ah i get it now. so Pegasus is not only femenine, now he's a cheater!
Back to top Go down
Mark Truesdale
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Mark Truesdale

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "cheating" moment?   Favorite "cheating" moment? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 7:03 am

No, Pegasus just wanted to spice up his tourny. Not to make it cheating. And dude, after that tournament with pegasus, they followed the rules.

But.. pegasus is feminine.... REALLY feminine... like Flirting with Kaiba in the Abridged Movie Feminine. lol!
Back to top Go down
webmaster
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
webmaster

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "cheating" moment?   Favorite "cheating" moment? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 7:14 am

REALLY REALLY feminine
well not exactly how about the domino city season. when yugi used brain control on revival jam.
Back to top Go down
Mark Truesdale
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Mark Truesdale

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "cheating" moment?   Favorite "cheating" moment? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 7:18 am

Yeah.. that was cheating.... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite "cheating" moment?   Favorite "cheating" moment? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite "cheating" moment?
Page 1 of 1