The K.W.C. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomePortalRegisterLog in

Summoner! My Card Game!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kavasiki
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
kavasiki

Male Number of posts : 439
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3265 7350 2837
Special Awards : Summoner! My Card Game! Png10
Date Joined : 2008-12-13

Summoner! My Card Game! Empty
PostSubject: Summoner! My Card Game!   Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:24 pm

I was not able to sleep tonight and so suddenly I got this idea of a new TCG. Feel free to add stuff if there is something you fell this game needs. Anways, here are the basic rules, and soon I might add card layouts.

Deck building:
Each player has minimum 70 cards in their deck.
A player must be able to shuffle their deck with two hands, without help.
Up to 4 copies of each card are allowed to stay in the deck.

Setup:
Both players needs to shuffle their decks before a match is about to begin.
Each player then put their top 10 cards of their deck (without looking at them) in the “Life” area.
When the above steps have been completed each player draws 7 cards from the top of their deck.
This is your “Hand” and only you can look at them.
Then both players place a “Grade: 1” monster on the field from their hand.
If a player is unable to place a “Grade: 1” monster on the field they reveal their “Hand” to the opponent and shuffle the “Hand” back to the deck and then draw 7 cards. This step can only be conducted two times.
Playing Field: Before the actual game can begin each player place a Grade Entity on the Grade Zone. Each player has a Grade Zone, Ally Zone, Deck Zone, Grave Pile Zone and a Life Zone.

Turns:
Each turn consist of:
Draw Step
Phase 1
Battle Step
Phase 2
Exit Phase

Draw Step: is the step where the player begins his/her turn by drawing a card from the top of their deck and this is also where you Readying your Exhausted Entities.
Phase 1: is the phase you can Upgrade an Entity, summon Allies, and cast different Magic Spells. You can only Upgrade or summon an Entity once per turn.
Battle Step: Are where you declare an attack with your Entities and where your opponent can block with their Entities.
Phase 2: is the same as Phase 1. If you have already Upgraded an Entity or summoned an Entity in Phase 1 you cannot do it in Phase 2.
Exit Phase: is where the player ends his/her turn. Then the next player starts at their Draw Step.

How to Win:
You win by sending all of your opponent’s “Life Cards” to the Grave Pile and you lose if that happens to you. If you or your opponent is unable to draw cards from their deck because they have no more cards left they lose.

Entities:
Entities or Entity, are cards that have a “Grade”, “Attack Power” (AP) and “Defense Power” (DP) displayed on the card.

Grade:Each Entity has a Grade displayed on the card, this is called Attribute. Each player starts off with a Grade 1 Entity. If you have a Grade 2 Entity in your Hand you can place the Grade 2 Entity over your Grade 1 Entity which is on the playing field. Each player can only have one Grade Entity on the playing field at a time. If a player’s Grade Entity is send to the Grave Pile you just send the top Grade card. For example: If you control a Grade 3 Entity and your opponent sends it to the Grave Pile you only send the Grade 3 Entity which is placed over your Grade 2 Entity, this is called a Downgrade. If a Grade 1 Entity is sent to the Grave Pile you need to place the Grade 1 Entity there. If you have no Grade Entities on your playing field you can summon one from your Hand. This won’t count towards your Upgrade/summon limit. Keep in mind that upgrading an Entity can only be done once per your turn and if you do, you are not allowed to summon an Ally or upgrading further.

Allies: are Entities that does not have a Grade displayed, but instead they have an Ally. You can choose to summon one Ally Entity each of your turns, but doing so will go towards your Summon/Upgrade limit. Allies can only be summoned to the field if you control a Grade Entity with a higher Grade than the Ally number of the Ally you want to summon, not equal but under.
Types: there are a total of ??? Entity types. Those are:
Ghost
Banshee
Spirit
Wraith
Soul
Elemental
Human
Revenant
Demon
Deity
Angel
God

Magic Spells:
There are different types of Magic Spells. You got normal Magic Spells, Enhancements, Themed and Traps.

Normal Magic Spells: Are cards that have MP (Magic Spell) where the Grade and Ally words are located on the card. These Magic Spells can only be used during your own turn. You show it to your opponent and follow the text written on the card.

Enhancement Magic Spells:
are Magic Spells that have different words where Grade, Ally and MP are written. The different Enhancements are; Armor (ARM), Weapon (WPN) and Totems (TOT) instead of Grade, Ally or MP.

Armor: are Enhancements that are placed under an Entity. Mostly these Magic Spells have defensive abilities such as increasing more DP.

Weapon: A Weapon Magic Spell is also placed under an Entity (not under the card itself) like Totems and Armors. Weapon Magic Spells have common effect such as increasing an Entity’s AP or destroying Armor.
Totem: are supports that can contribute with resurrecting fallen Entities, get back Life Cards and even heal Entities on your playing field.

Themed Magic Spells: are special Magic Spells that can only be used/cast if your Grade Entity is the same Type as stated in the Themed Magic Spell. They too have MP in their attribute, you know it is a Themed Magic Spell when the text of the card says for example: “Only cast when your Grade Entity are: Fiend” or similar.

Trap Magic Spells: are Magic Spells that you can only cast during your opponent’s turn. These cards are cast from your Hand directly but you need to Exhaust one of your Entities when you cast it. Cast the Trap and follow the text on the card, then send it to the Grave Pile.

Attacking and Defending:
During the Battle Step one player can attack and the opposite Player can defend with their Allies and Grade Entities. When a Player attacks with an Entity he/she turns the card sideways, horizontal. Then the attacked Player can choose to defend. If the attacked Player chooses to defend he/she places his/her defending Entity horizontal in front of the attacking Entity. When this happens those two Entities will clash. During a Clash you subtract the Entities’ AP to the opposite Entity’s DP. If the defending Entity lost all of its DP from the Clash it was killed and place in the Grave Pile. If the defending Entity still had some DP left nothing more happens. The attacking Entity will not lose DP or AP.

Losing Life Cards:
An Entity cannot attack other Entities (though some abilities let you do that) but they can attack a Player. When an Entity attack a Player and the attacked Player don’t defend herself/himself that Player send the top Life Card from their Life Card Zone to the Grave Pile. Some card abilities that have “Life:” means that the ability written after “Life:” will be activated when it is removed from the Life Card Zone.

Additional Stuff:
If a player is unable to summon a Grade 1 Entity before the start of the duel after re-drawing their hand 2 times the duel will begin.

The best way to build a balanced deck is to have around 30-35 Entities where 25% of those 30-35 Entities are Grade 1. If you are unable to Upgrade a Grade 1 Entity you should not worry, just place a new Grade 1 Entity in the Grade Zone since this does not count towards your Upgrade/Summon limit.

Exhaust(ing) is when an Entity have attacked, blocked or used its’ Exhaust ability (for some cards). By Exhausting an Entity you turn the card sideways (horizontal).

Ready(ing) is right before you enter your Draw Step. This is when you turn all of your Exhausted Entities back to their original position (vertical) position.

Last edited by kavasiki on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Kavasiki
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

Male Number of posts : 2235
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3997-8622-5044
Date Joined : 2011-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Summoner! My Card Game!   Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:36 pm

Wow...you really thought this out. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ak
Ak

Female Number of posts : 697
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4513-4036-0682
Special Awards : Summoner! My Card Game! 1010
Date Joined : 2011-05-02

PostSubject: Re: My Card Game! (Need a Name)    Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 1:45 am

This sounds like fun
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Summoner! My Card Game!   Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 2:06 am

You have to hand craft each card to play it though. Razz
Back to top Go down
kavasiki
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
kavasiki

PostSubject: Re: Summoner! My Card Game!   Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:27 pm

Honest Magician
Human
Grade 1
AP: 30 DP: 60

Pure Hearted Magician
Human
Grade 2
AP: 50 DP: 80
If you upgraded this Entity from an “Honest Magician” you can draw two cards from your deck. You can Exhaust “Pure Hearted Magician” to able both players to draw and reveal a card from their hand. The Player which revealed the highest Attribute Entity can draw cards equal to the Attribute number revealed this way (Magic Spells count as 0).

Holy Magician
Human
Grade 3
AP: 100 DP: 90
You can only upgrade a Grade Entity to “Holy Magician” if the Grade Entity is a “Pure Hearted Magician”. When this card has been upgraded successfully you can summon up to 2 Allies this turn. By Exhausting 4 Allies on your Playing Field you can downgrade “Holy Magician” to let the Grade 2 Entity attack twice and have “Life Breaker 2” (If this Entity deals damage to a Player, that Player sends two Life Cards instead of one).

A Magician’s Magic
Magic Spell
If you don’t control any Grade Entities you can search your deck for a Magician Entity and put it in your Hand, then the deck is shuffled.

Magician’s Apprentice
Human
Ally 2
AP: 30 DP: 20
If this card attacks and is blocked all other Magician cards and Human type Entities gain “DP Breaker” (If a Entity with DP Breaker attacks and it have higher AP than the defending Entity, destroy the defending Entity and deal 1 damage to the owner of that Entity) until the Exit Phase of your Opponent’s next turn.

These are some card I just thought off. Feel free to add some of your own. Who knows? Maybe this can be made into a real TCG O_O
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Summoner! My Card Game!   Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:41 pm

kavasiki wrote:
Honest Magician
Who knows? Maybe this can be made into a real TCG O_O

If your really really lucky, yeah it could. Razz
Back to top Go down
ultimate0
ultimate0

Male Number of posts : 614
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 0862 - 2339 - 3995
Date Joined : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Summoner! My Card Game!   Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:11 pm

i think the gameplay is similar to duel master or battle spirits...but the difference is that there are no life points and the number of cards in the deck...lol...my idea of this card game name is....war zone...or gladiator wars...lol
Back to top Go down
kavasiki
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
kavasiki

PostSubject: Re: Summoner! My Card Game!   Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:16 pm

ultimate0 wrote:
i think the gameplay is similar to duel monster or battle spirits...but the difference is that there are no life points and the number of cards in the deck...lol...my idea of this card game name is....war zone...or duel master...lol

Duel Masters... that is already taken. I got the 10 Life Card ideas from the Shield concept from Duel Masters. I got the Grade idea from Vanguard. It is nearly impossible to be original.

I personally don't think War Zone is a good name because it only hints for the Playing Field itself, not the game. But you came with a name at least, I couldn't xD
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Summoner! My Card Game!   Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:51 pm

You could name it Duel Masters Jr. tongue
Back to top Go down
Ak
Ak

PostSubject: Re: My Card Game! (Need a Name)   Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:53 pm

How original Razz
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Summoner! My Card Game!   Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 5:20 pm

Ak wrote:
How original Razz

I know. Razz
Back to top Go down
kavasiki
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
kavasiki

PostSubject: Re: Summoner! My Card Game!   Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 9:26 am

So I was thinking up names for this "TCG" and one of the names I came up with was:

*drumroll*

Summoner

As a Player you summon entities to "fight" and "protect" you where you are in control of these entities. How about it?
Back to top Go down
ultimate0
ultimate0

PostSubject: Re: Summoner! My Card Game!   Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 10:50 am

kavasiki wrote:
ultimate0 wrote:
i think the gameplay is similar to duel monster or battle spirits...but the difference is that there are no life points and the number of cards in the deck...lol...my idea of this card game name is....war zone...or duel master...lol

Duel Masters... that is already taken. I got the 10 Life Card ideas from the Shield concept from Duel Masters. I got the Grade idea from Vanguard. It is nearly impossible to be original.

I personally don't think War Zone is a good name because it only hints for the Playing Field itself, not the game. But you came with a name at least, I couldn't xD

yeah...i know that duel master is already taken....so i've edited my post yesterday...lol...btw summoner is a good name...but i've another idea...how about...summoner king??lol
Back to top Go down
kavasiki
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
kavasiki

PostSubject: Re: Summoner! My Card Game!   Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 10:52 am

ultimate0 wrote:
summoner king??lol

Another joke? If not, I don't think that is a good name. For the fact that King is male. And adding Royalty or King/Queen makes it strange.
Back to top Go down
ultimate0
ultimate0

PostSubject: Re: Summoner! My Card Game!   Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:00 am

kavasiki wrote:
ultimate0 wrote:
summoner king??lol

Another joke? If not, I don't think that is a good name. For the fact that King is male. And adding Royalty or King/Queen makes it strange.

ok...how about summoner war? or master summoner??? but summoner is good enough..lol
Back to top Go down
kavasiki
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
kavasiki

PostSubject: Re: Summoner! My Card Game!   Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:02 am

ultimate0 wrote:
ok...how about summoner war? or master summoner??? but summoner is good enough..lol

Well then, we go for Summoner for now.

If anyone have anyone have another name suggestion or want to add something to the rules that you think might work please feel free to do so. I will try to get a basic card layout as well.
Back to top Go down
Ak
Ak

PostSubject: Re: Summoner! My Card Game!   Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 11:36 pm

I like the name
Back to top Go down
Geolight
Member of the Month
Member of the Month
Geolight

Male Number of posts : 219
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4770 6584 6605

PostSubject: Re: Summoner! My Card Game!   Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:06 am

A name that I think is Galaxy Monsters.^^ epic
Back to top Go down
kavasiki
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
kavasiki

PostSubject: Re: Summoner! My Card Game!   Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 3:49 pm

Geolight wrote:

Galaxy Monsters? How come? First, there are no "Monsters", only "Entities" and where does the Galaxy part fit in?
Back to top Go down
Geolight
Member of the Month
Member of the Month
Geolight

PostSubject: Re: Summoner! My Card Game!   Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 12:38 pm

kavasiki wrote:
Geolight wrote:

Galaxy Monsters? How come? First, there are no "Monsters", only "Entities" and where does the Galaxy part fit in?
Galaxy Entities?xD Entities that came from another galaxy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ak
Ak

PostSubject: Re: Summoner! My Card Game!    Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 10:02 pm

You know that title makes sense
Back to top Go down
Geolight
Member of the Month
Member of the Month
Geolight

PostSubject: Re: Summoner! My Card Game!   Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:21 pm

Ak wrote:
You know that title makes sense
xD yeah3x
Back to top Go down
Ak
Ak

PostSubject: Re: Summoner! My Card Game!    Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:23 pm

Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summoner! My Card Game!   Summoner! My Card Game! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summoner! My Card Game!
Page 1 of 1