The K.W.C. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomePortalRegisterLog in

Shiny Pokemon Opinions

Go down 
+3
ultimate0
dayvividnerdvillage
RenRei00
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RenRei00
Administrator
Administrator
RenRei00

Male Number of posts : 1017
5Ds WC 2011 FC : Retired
Special Awards : Shiny Pokemon Opinions Png10
Date Joined : 2008-12-17

Shiny Pokemon Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Shiny Pokemon Opinions   Shiny Pokemon Opinions Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 1:28 am

Like the title of the topic says its bout Shiny Pokemon.

Question: what do you have to say about shiny pokemon in terms of having them? Do you hate shinys? do you not collect them in-game wild (excludes/includes Red Gyarados from Gold/Silver/Crystal/HeartGold/SoulSilver), Nintendo Wi-Fi shiny event pokemon e.t.c, just what do you have to say about Shiny Pokemon (mainly the ones that take a ridiculously amount of time to find).

What I have to say about shiny pogeymans is that they are alright, but I don't even plan on playing Diamond-Black/White trying to find a shiny version of it which would like a life long time (excluding the use of Action Replay DS(i). I don't even actually bother looking for them just because I find it a waste of time to look for them due to the face that you can encounter them at 1/8,192 times per encounter. I don't see why even bother hunting them down to begin with and its not like their shiny counter parts have higher stats to begin with or at least that I'm aware of. Honestly some shiny Pogeymans look a bit weird like the Shiny Kyogre for example or a shiny Alakazam looks weird, I personally perfer their regular non-shiny versions just to be original. The main reason I do hate about Shiny Pogeymans is that the shiny sparkle takes a bit of seconds to animate during a battle and actually that annoys me a bit, I just wanna get onto the battle and finish the fight off. Encountering any pogeymans with a 1/8,192 is just a huge waste of time (even if your on vacation, due to how long it takes to find them).

What do you have to say about shiny pogeymans??
Back to top Go down
https://www.dailymotion.com/RenRei00#video=xn80vb
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

Male Number of posts : 2237
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4169 - 7784 - 9311
Tournament Awards : Shiny Pokemon Opinions Pictur10
Date Joined : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon Opinions   Shiny Pokemon Opinions Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 1:59 am

Long ago when I used to hack, I had alway include at least 1 shiny on my team, but after a short period of time, I remade my box team, and did not include any shinies because I often mix them and some would be too many shinies, and some wouldn't.

Before I never used to use AR, like Gold and Silver times and up, if I caught a Shiny pokemon I would let it stay on my box, and not having trained it (which I never trained anything honestly except on Ruby version because at my school Pokemon was starting being competitive....)

I would always get the Lapras inside that cave that come on Wednesday Shiny 50 / 50 because these games were the only games I had back then and I restart them over and over again for experience and training.

So after I learned how to hacks, I gave them Shiny pokemon purposes to use them, but now I don't make pokemon anymore and have been using the same box team since my on my Diamond...Just transfer all EVs with 100 perfect stats and holding items with moves and have been doing that since.

Now that we're a 4th gen, I should start working on some new teams whatnot but I never find the time to honestly.... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.konamiworldchampionship.com/
ultimate0
ultimate0

Male Number of posts : 614
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 0862 - 2339 - 3995
Date Joined : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon Opinions   Shiny Pokemon Opinions Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:30 am

i really don't care about getting a shiny pokemon as it has no different stats than the original.
Back to top Go down
RenRei00
Administrator
Administrator
RenRei00

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon Opinions   Shiny Pokemon Opinions Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:58 am

ultimate0 wrote:
i really don't care about getting a shiny pokemon as it has no different stats than the original.

My point exactly
Back to top Go down
Skevengal
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Skevengal

Male Number of posts : 841
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4770 - 8456 - 5123
Date Joined : 2011-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon Opinions   Shiny Pokemon Opinions Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 9:59 pm

I don't go "looking" for shiny pokemon but I do have a Japanese Ditto from my friend so if I ever need to breed something than I will MM, for it and it worked like...5 times for me so far out of a lot of tries lol, but yeah they don't change anything competitively so...you're not missing out on anything major. :p
Back to top Go down
RenRei00
Administrator
Administrator
RenRei00

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon Opinions   Shiny Pokemon Opinions Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:21 am

One other reason why I don't like shiny Pokemon, is that you may get a shiny pokemon from GTS and you don't know weather or not it is legit or not. I would guess highly it is generated from AR. If its generated from AR with the shiny pokemon cheat code enabled, they don't mean anything to me at all. I can't even tell weather or not it is legit or a fake (created w/ AR code) after obtaining it from the GTS.
Back to top Go down
Skevengal
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Skevengal

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon Opinions   Shiny Pokemon Opinions Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 10:44 am

RenRei00 wrote:
One other reason why I don't like shiny Pokemon, is that you may get a shiny pokemon from GTS and you don't know weather or not it is legit or not. I would guess highly it is generated from AR. If its generated from AR with the shiny pokemon cheat code enabled, they don't mean anything to me at all. I can't even tell weather or not it is legit or a fake (created w/ AR code) after obtaining it from the GTS.
If you do something like Random Matchup and if they say that there is a problem with one of your pokemon than it's fake. I think so...I'm not too keen on Pokemon Hacking...
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

Male Number of posts : 2235
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3997-8622-5044
Date Joined : 2011-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon Opinions   Shiny Pokemon Opinions Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 2:33 pm

Some are cool, and some are not.
It depends.
Back to top Go down
Skevengal
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Skevengal

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon Opinions   Shiny Pokemon Opinions Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 7:03 pm

Sizzle Fish wrote:
Some are cool, and some are not.
It depends.
Like I really liked Shiny Charizard, but as the generations past, it started looking more Purple and Grey as opposed to this kick ask Chaos Black...or maybe that was just my child imagination looking at crudely formatted pixels...
Back to top Go down
DarkestDion
DarkestDion

Female Number of posts : 702
5Ds WC 2011 FC : N/A
Tournament Awards : Shiny Pokemon Opinions King11
Date Joined : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon Opinions   Shiny Pokemon Opinions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 4:46 pm

I'd like a shiny, but I don't feel like spending hours and breaking my head for one
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkestDion
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon Opinions   Shiny Pokemon Opinions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 9:13 pm

DarkestDion wrote:
I'd like a shiny, but I don't feel like spending hours and breaking my head for one

Yeah, same here.
I just use an AR. (:
Back to top Go down
Skevengal
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Skevengal

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon Opinions   Shiny Pokemon Opinions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 7:09 pm

Sizzle Fish wrote:
DarkestDion wrote:

Yeah, same here.
I just use an AR. (:
Or Pokesav.
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon Opinions   Shiny Pokemon Opinions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:18 pm

Skevengal wrote:
Sizzle Fish wrote:
DarkestDion wrote:

Yeah, same here.
I just use an AR. (:
Or Pokesav.

That too.
Back to top Go down
Skevengal
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Skevengal

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon Opinions   Shiny Pokemon Opinions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:28 pm

Sizzle Fish wrote:
Skevengal wrote:
Sizzle Fish wrote:
DarkestDion wrote:

Yeah, same here.
I just use an AR. (:
Or Pokesav.

That too.
There's also Pokegen.
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon Opinions   Shiny Pokemon Opinions Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 2:22 pm

Skevengal wrote:
Sizzle Fish wrote:
Skevengal wrote:
Sizzle Fish wrote:
DarkestDion wrote:

Yeah, same here.
I just use an AR. (:
Or Pokesav.

That too.
There's also Pokegen.

What's that?
Back to top Go down
Skevengal
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Skevengal

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon Opinions   Shiny Pokemon Opinions Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:50 pm

Sizzle Fish wrote:
Skevengal wrote:
Sizzle Fish wrote:
Skevengal wrote:
Sizzle Fish wrote:
DarkestDion wrote:

Yeah, same here.
I just use an AR. (:
Or Pokesav.

That too.
There's also Pokegen.

What's that?
It's a really nice nifty program, discovered it back in my time when I was on the Project Pokemon Forum Wink, it's essentially PokeSav...WITHOUT USING AN EXTERNAL DEVICE LIKE AN SD CARD! YOu use wifi instead. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon Opinions   Shiny Pokemon Opinions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 12:13 am

Skevengal wrote:
Sizzle Fish wrote:
Skevengal wrote:
Sizzle Fish wrote:
Skevengal wrote:
Sizzle Fish wrote:
DarkestDion wrote:

Yeah, same here.
I just use an AR. (:
Or Pokesav.

That too.
There's also Pokegen.

What's that?
It's a really nice nifty program, discovered it back in my time when I was on the Project Pokemon Forum Wink, it's essentially PokeSav...WITHOUT USING AN EXTERNAL DEVICE LIKE AN SD CARD! YOu use wifi instead. Smile

Does it involve....cheating? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Skevengal
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Skevengal

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon Opinions   Shiny Pokemon Opinions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:12 pm

Sizzle Fish wrote:
Skevengal wrote:
Sizzle Fish wrote:
Skevengal wrote:
Sizzle Fish wrote:
Skevengal wrote:
Sizzle Fish wrote:
DarkestDion wrote:

Yeah, same here.
I just use an AR. (:
Or Pokesav.

That too.
There's also Pokegen.

What's that?

Does it involve....cheating? Twisted Evil
Hmm, well I guess, you are inporting illegal data onto your game...but...I don't think that it's technically "Illegal", where you could go to jail. You just can't do contests, and Tourneys :p
Back to top Go down
RenRei00
Administrator
Administrator
RenRei00

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon Opinions   Shiny Pokemon Opinions Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 2:42 am

I would like to see the outcome of Shiny Pokemon IF starting from 6th gen had Shiny Pokemon having their hidden abilities/ dream world abilities rather than just the regular 1-2 abilities from normal game play. If you didnt understand what I mean for example....

Shiny Pokemon Opinions Magnem10
Pokemon: Magnemite

Ability 1: Magnet Pull
Effect 1: Prevents all Steel-type Pokemon from switching out or running away, unless it has the Shed Shell, or uses Baton Pass, U-turn, or Volt Switch. Out of battle: If Magnemite is your lead Pokemon, Steel-type Pokemon are 50% more likely to be encountered in the wild if they are in the area.

Ability 2: Sturdy
Effect 2: If Magnemite is at full HP and would be knocked out by damage from an attack, Magnemite holds on with 1 HP instead. Additionally, Horn Drill, Fissure, Guillotine, and Sheer Cold have no effect on Magnemite.

---------------------------------

Dream World/ Hidden Ability

Ability: Analytic
Effect: Increases the damage of Magnemite's move by 30% if Magnemite attacks after its target.

So in other words all Shiny Pokemon would have their Dream World/ Hidden Abilities IF Shiny rather than non-shiny.

There I said it, something I just randomly thought of if it did happen. =)

Last edited by RenRei00 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
storm100
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
storm100

Male Number of posts : 858
5Ds WC 2011 FC : wc 2012 4642 2242 1045
Date Joined : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon Opinions   Shiny Pokemon Opinions Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 1:52 am

shiny are a waste of time it doesn't help boost the stats of the Pokemon at all
Back to top Go down
RenRei00
Administrator
Administrator
RenRei00

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon Opinions   Shiny Pokemon Opinions Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 6:07 pm

storm100 wrote:
shiny are a waste of time it doesn't help boost the stats of the Pokemon at all

Yup you got that right storm =D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shiny Pokemon Opinions   Shiny Pokemon Opinions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shiny Pokemon Opinions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum