The K.W.C. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomePortalRegisterLog in

Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

Male Number of posts : 2237
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4169 - 7784 - 9311
Tournament Awards : Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Pictur10
Special Awards : Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Png10
Date Joined : 2008-10-04

Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Empty
PostSubject: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 4:32 pm

Xyz Monsters bring your Deck some 4th Generation power, because the 4th way to Summon from your Extra Deck is the easiest one yet! Plus they automatically work with ALL the monsters you already have in your Deck.

Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Main_31Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Main_34

No Tuner? No Problem!

White Synchro Monsters and Black Xyz Monsters are opposites of each other. But they both work perfectly in combination. Instead of using just one or the other, your best strategy is to play with BOTH in your Extra Deck.

Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling GENF-EN099 OR Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling GENF-EN085

That way, all your bases are covered. If you get your Tuners into play and want to Synchro Summon, you can do that. But if the Tuners aren’t showing up, you can Xyz Summon instead!

Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Card_2

The trick to XYZ summons, the material monsters aren't sent to the graveyard rather underneath the Xyz monster itself to serve as its detached effects. And only occupied in 1 monster each summons. Because of that, Xyz are not consider to have Levels therefor the effect of Steelswarm Roach will be useless on an Xyz summon.

Xyz Materials underneath Xyz Monsters do not count as monsters, so if "Dimensional Fissure" is on the field, detached Xyz Materials will be sent to the Graveyard. Xyz Materials are also treated as not being on the field, so effects like "Sangan" do not activate, and "Plaguespreader Zombie" will be sent to the Graveyard when detached even when it was Summoned with its own effect.

source:
http://www.yugioh-card.com/japan/lineup/zexal/starter_deck_2011/?po=bnr
http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/products/bp-genf.html
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Xyz_Material_Monster
Back to top Go down
http://www.konamiworldchampionship.com/
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

Male Number of posts : 2235
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3997-8622-5044
Date Joined : 2011-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:04 pm

Ok....this is all new news to me.

WHAT THE FLIP IS A XYZ SUMMON!? Shocked
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 6:21 pm

Sizzle Fish wrote:

That's the English version of saying Exceed Summons.

Also XYZ is a union card. the Term Union means they stick together and since these cards are attached when Exceed Summons the English term is now XYZ summons.
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:00 pm

dayvividnerdvillage wrote:
Sizzle Fish wrote:

That's the English version of saying Exceed Summons.

Also XYZ is a union card. the Term Union means they stick together and since these cards are attached when Exceed Summons the English term is now XYZ summons.

There black, which is completely awsome.

Do you know if there planning on bringing this into the META game?
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 11:24 pm

They'll have to banned lots of cards because these cards lacks the hype of now Meta. I mean you can expect both Solemns to be banned. Plaguespreader Zombie will also be out because it'll be unstoppable, and lots of other cards.

It's the same example they did on banning Last Will and the other goodies on the start of Synchro summoning. And if they made it to top Metas mostly lower levels like LV 4 and below and you can expect everyone running a Steelswarm Roach as a starts.

Players might still focus on their GB's, Blackwing, TENGU Synchro decks and the others, but might have at least 3 Xyz monsters there. The TCG will be changed when the 2nd Zexal pack is released which is Photon Shockwave, because they'll have lots of different archetype and further support of the Xyz summons.
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 1:13 am

They'll have to banned lots of cards because these cards lacks the hype of now Meta. I mean you can expect both Solemns to be banned. Plaguespreader Zombie will also be out because it'll be unstoppable, and lots of other cards.

It's the same example they did on banning Last Will and the other goodies on the start of Synchro summoning. And if they made it to top Metas mostly lower levels like LV 4 and below and you can expect everyone running a Steelswarm Roach as a starts.

Players might still focus on their GB's, Blackwing, TENGU Synchro decks and the others, but might have at least 3 Xyz monsters there. The TCG will be changed when the 2nd Zexal pack is released which is Photon Shockwave, because they'll have lots of different archetype and further support of the Xyz summons.

So is that a yes? (:

I agree that Plague Spreader will become better, but I duno about unstoppable.
And why ban the Solems? tongue
Back to top Go down
kavasiki
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
kavasiki

Male Number of posts : 439
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3265 7350 2837
Date Joined : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 5:30 am

I will stall with Level Limit Area B and Gravity Bind and attack with Utopia all the way!

BTW, one more ruling: If an Exceed (Xyz) monster is flipped Face-Down, the Exceed monster will be flipped Face-Down but the Overlay monsters will still be stuck under it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Kavasiki
Geolight
Member of the Month
Member of the Month
Geolight

Male Number of posts : 219
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4770 6584 6605
Special Awards : Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling 1010

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 6:00 am

Level Limit Area B and Gravity Bind will be for sure banned.
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:53 am

kavasiki wrote:

BTW, one more ruling: If an Exceed (Xyz) monster is flipped Face-Down, the Exceed monster will be flipped Face-Down but the Overlay monsters will still be stuck under it.

Where did you get that lol? Can you please link me?
Back to top Go down
kavasiki
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
kavasiki

Male Number of posts : 439
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3265 7350 2837
Date Joined : 2008-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 1:12 pm

Sorry, not yet anyways. This is something I heared the official judge answere me when I asked him. He can of course be wrong; it might work as Book of Moon works on Tokens. But I guess we will find out when Exceeds are out in the game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Kavasiki
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 1:34 pm

It's like this. If you threw away a synchro monster from your extra deck you cannot Special summoned it by a Monster Reborn because it was never Synchro Summoned.

This card states it doesn't have LV because it needs the same LV to b Special Summon.

So I'm sure once it's Xyz summon even book will still count it as a monster rather than a token. However there may be future card that special summon these Xyz monsters by excluding the Xyz condition, and if so they will be as vaguely as tokens and even if they had an extra added effect by including a Graveyard monster as an overlay monster then when it's flipped facedown then these monsters will be there permanently even if that monster is remove from the game or destroyed by battle or cards effects.

Meaning if the overlay monster is never used as a cost for the Xzy target and if the Xyz was never summoned by the condition and flip face down then these monsters are gone and you can't bring them back ever.
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 1:35 pm

kavasiki wrote:

I've seen this rule on some other sites, but nothing official though.
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 1:38 pm

This is what happened when you revived a monster with Call of the Haunted and Book it. When it's flipped call was never on that card and it stays there permanently on the field even after that monster is destroyed.

So it'll apply the same for a skipped condition Xyz summon. But not the Xyz material summon.
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 2:15 pm

This is what happened when you revived a monster with Call of the Haunted and Book it. When it's flipped call was never on that card and it stays there permanently on the field even after that monster is destroyed.

So it'll apply the same for a skipped condition Xyz summon. But not the Xyz material summon.

Makes sense, the XYZ material also doesn't follow the XYZ monster from the graveyard and back to the field when it's reborn.

I had someone ask me that.
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 3:01 pm

nope it doesn't. Say you XYZ summon then you tribute summon, automatically you have 2 useless cards on the field and only the Xyz monster is send to the graveyard.

In the future there may be cards that makes use out of these cards or swap Xyz overlay cards to others. You can see an example on the first duel with Yuma and Shark.

And this is the legal sense of Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG like. Other than that I would beat that official judge with a rotten bone for saying such nonsense lol.
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 4:47 pm

nope it doesn't. Say you XYZ summon then you tribute summon, automatically you have 2 useless cards on the field and only the Xyz monster is send to the graveyard.

In the future there may be cards that makes use out of these cards or swap Xyz overlay cards to others. You can see an example on the first duel with Yuma and Shark.

And this is the legal sense of Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG like. Other than that I would beat that official judge with a rotten bone for saying such nonsense lol.

This is all so weird...Synchro summoning wasn't that big of a change.
But this is different. :O
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 5:57 pm

Actually sizzle it was. These adding levels stuffs were way complicated at first. Same like the Xyz monsters. From the time I was watching the show I thought it was complicated but I calm down and read these stuffs and see it's not complicated at all.
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:05 pm

Actually sizzle it was. These adding levels stuffs were way complicated at first. Same like the Xyz monsters. From the time I was watching the show I thought it was complicated but I calm down and read these stuffs and see it's not complicated at all.

Meh, all this rulings makes it alot more difficult.
There are alot more special rulings with this summoning method.

And you have never been able to stack cards on top of each other before.
That is ALOT different.
They would have to completely change the Dueling Network's battle system to put exceed summoning in. Razz
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:36 am

It's how KCDVS started to lose it fame. In fact since they added Synchro Summons I have never used KCVDS and the lagging which makes me lose interest. For great games like Yu-Gi-Oh! Online it's no problem, but for home made games like Dueling Network they might have a new set of rules for these stuffs lol.
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 12:59 pm

It's how KCDVS started to lose it fame. In fact since they added Synchro Summons I have never used KCVDS and the lagging which makes me lose interest. For great games like Yu-Gi-Oh! Online it's no problem, but for home made games like Dueling Network they might have a new set of rules for these stuffs lol.
|

Complicated or not, this whole new summoning method is still exciting. (:
Back to top Go down
Skevengal
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Skevengal

Male Number of posts : 841
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4770 - 8456 - 5123
Date Joined : 2011-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 2:33 pm

Debating about whether or not to buy the new Starter Deck...NO! I must finish my Naturia Deck! Don't...give...in...to...tempta...tion...
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:08 pm

Skevengal wrote:
Debating about whether or not to buy the new Starter Deck...NO! I must finish my Naturia Deck! Don't...give...in...to...tempta...tion...

What starter deck? Smile
Back to top Go down
Skevengal
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Skevengal

Male Number of posts : 841
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4770 - 8456 - 5123
Date Joined : 2011-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 5:16 pm

Sizzle Fish wrote:
Skevengal wrote:

What starter deck? Smile
They're going to come out with a Starter Deck called...Dawn of the XYZs? I think that's it, it's kinda like the starter deck they used to introduce Synchro Monsters with Junk Warrior as the Cover Card a couple of years back.
Back to top Go down
Sizzle Fish
Sizzle Fish

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 5:25 pm

Skevengal wrote:
Sizzle Fish wrote:
Skevengal wrote:

What starter deck? Smile
They're going to come out with a Starter Deck called...Dawn of the XYZs? I think that's it, it's kinda like the starter deck they used to introduce Synchro Monsters with Junk Warrior as the Cover Card a couple of years back.

Ah, I might get that then.
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 5:26 pm

Funny on how I would expect the starter deck to be named Zexal "Dawn of Xyz" or Zexal starter deck, but none lol....They don't even tell you the origins of these Xyz cards....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling   Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh! XYZ Summons Ruling
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The K.W.C. Forum :: Duelist's Corner :: Card Ruling/Walkthrough/Game Help-
Jump to: