The K.W.C. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomePortalRegisterLog in

Easy Chat Box.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Paladin
Registered Duelist
Registered Duelist
Dark Paladin

Male Number of posts : 7
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3610 0696 4547
Date Joined : 2009-11-07

Easy Chat Box. Empty
PostSubject: Easy Chat Box.   Easy Chat Box. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 9:06 pm

Hey I have a suggestion for the forum admins. Instead of having one of those current chat boxes you have which is annoying because you get a random name in the chat box (I understand you have paid for some privacy membership and whatnot), but why can't you install forumotion's chat box feature to the top/bottom widget of this site? It's a lot easier. Everyone gets to keep their usernames, moderation is easier, and it'll fit perfectly with the design.
Back to top Go down
Dark Paladin
Registered Duelist
Registered Duelist
Dark Paladin

Male Number of posts : 7
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3610 0696 4547
Date Joined : 2009-11-07

Easy Chat Box. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy Chat Box.   Easy Chat Box. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 9:10 pm

Sorry, I forgot there was a suggestion forum on the way bottom of the site. Hehe, my bad. Things get confusing a bit for me. Can you guys please move this thread to the suggestion forum please?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
RenRei00
Administrator
Administrator
RenRei00

Male Number of posts : 1017
5Ds WC 2011 FC : Retired
Special Awards : Easy Chat Box. Png10
Date Joined : 2008-12-17

Easy Chat Box. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy Chat Box.   Easy Chat Box. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 10:22 pm

*topic moved to Suggestions*

Last edited by RenRei00 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.dailymotion.com/RenRei00#video=xn80vb
Choucho
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
Choucho

Female Number of posts : 305
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3223-3772-1671
Date Joined : 2009-06-21

Easy Chat Box. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy Chat Box.   Easy Chat Box. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 1:51 am

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!

I must rant on this.

I passionately HATE forum motion chatboxes with all my heart. [Trust me, I have experience with them]

I don't really care if you get a random name, you can always change it and I disagree, I actually think Xat is more easier.

Forum motion chat boxes have LOTS of Cons

• You D.c when away for some time
  • HORRIBLE Lag
  • No pictures
  • You have to manually refresh the chatbox because it lags
  • No personal chats/messages
  • No friends list
  • Stupid smiles
  • No sounds
  • No alerting you when someone types something
  • No youtube
  • No games
  • No translator

There are sooooooo more but I really can't think rightnow x_x my brain is fried.
Back to top Go down
Light0fTwilight
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Light0fTwilight

Male Number of posts : 1264
5Ds WC 2011 FC : None at the moment
Special Awards : Easy Chat Box. Twilightaward
Date Joined : 2008-09-30

Easy Chat Box. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy Chat Box.   Easy Chat Box. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 9:12 am

I think Chou just said it all. Wink
This forum used a chat box at the bottom of the page, worked no good so we changed to Xat.
Also when you say "random name" I guess you haven't realised you can change your name to any thing you whant.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Light0fTwilight
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

Male Number of posts : 2237
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4169 - 7784 - 9311
Tournament Awards : Easy Chat Box. Pictur10
Special Awards : Easy Chat Box. Png10
Date Joined : 2008-10-04

Easy Chat Box. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy Chat Box.   Easy Chat Box. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:01 pm

Dark Paladin wrote:
Hey I have a suggestion for the forum admins. Instead of having one of those current chat boxes you have which is annoying because you get a random name in the chat box (I understand you have paid for some privacy membership and whatnot), but why can't you install forumotion's chat box feature to the top/bottom widget of this site? It's a lot easier. Everyone gets to keep their usernames, moderation is easier, and it'll fit perfectly with the design.

XAt is the best and the most easiest. Now about the paying part, we had xat way back then when this site wasn't premium, so I really don't see any point to this. Secondly you get new username under different IP address. Like Proxy sites, or different netbooks. Moderation is not easy. In fact Xat blocks most censored words and this forum doesnt. Speaking of Moderation of this chat you just reveal a clue to me about yourself and the way you post this from my detective book.

With what chou said and some disturbance we've had in the past when this forum started (becaus we used we used to use its chat) I didn't take member's vote to move it because as usual everyone likes a confort zone and this chat was the first that the forum started with, and it was their confort zone, but not what's best for this community.

Changes are made for a reason, and when I purposely open a vote on changing something I did the opposite. Like if all members says No stay (which they did when I said we needed to move to the site's chat) I say go. In the end they thanked me for the new changes.

Here's the past thread of when we used to use this forum's chat.
- http://www.konamiwc-forums.com/announcements-and-updates-f2/chat-removed-relocated-t394.htm

Here's what the members says when we moved.
- http://www.konamiwc-forums.com/suggestions-f24/meebo-or-the-new-chatroom-t1066-15.htm

Since members likes both meebo and xat, I decided to intergrade both from the site to be one.

The meebo chat is located at the bottom of the site. Here's the screen caps.

Spoiler:

I understand you have a DSi and it does not supports flash for the opera web browser so you can use it for the forum's chat. Or you may be an old member in the past with a new account who used to use this forum's chat. Other than there's no logic, reasons, or proof says this forum's chat is better than xat.

You can see I use over 1000 things for KWC. A site from webs for the main site. Forums from Forumotion for forums part. Lastly Xat for its chat system. But I could use just 1 site for all, it's just that certain web sofwares have more enhencements than others or are more advance than others on certain features and I take all opportunities I see from them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.konamiworldchampionship.com/
Sponsored content

Easy Chat Box. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easy Chat Box.   Easy Chat Box. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Easy Chat Box.
Page 1 of 1