The K.W.C. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomePortalRegisterLog in

Rei's Pokemon Catching Method

Go down 
+4
InfinitySlayer
Hysamacc
ZeroHero
RenRei00
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RenRei00
Administrator
Administrator
RenRei00

Male Number of posts : 1017
5Ds WC 2011 FC : Retired
Special Awards : Rei's Pokemon Catching Method Png10
Date Joined : 2008-12-17

Rei's Pokemon Catching Method Empty
PostSubject: Rei's Pokemon Catching Method   Rei's Pokemon Catching Method Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 6:30 am

What your about to read is my personal technique on how to catch extremely hard pokemon with Pokeball's ($200.00 Pokedollar PokeBall's).

This method is allow you to get like legendary pokemon easier if you follow this method I use very often.

1. use ThunderWave on the selected target - this will make the opponent slower and a bit easier to work with.
2. use only fix damaging attacks (attacks such as Sonicboom, DragonRage, Nightshade, Seismic Toss) Note: Nightshade and Seismic Toss damage depends on what level the Pokemon is at. If its at lv 100, damage is 100, level at 45 damage will be 45 no more no less.
3. Leer, Tail Whip, Screech - even though this attack does 0 damage it does serve its purpose, the surpose of using Leer, Tail Whip and or Screech is to lower its defense stat, the lower it is the better the chances. I think the lower you reduce the pokemon you are trying to catch the less likely it cant break free of the Pokeball.

What to do?
On the turn you face the wild Pokemon try and Paralyze it until it is. Then start using DragonRage until it can no longer take any more hits. Finally start weaking its defense status until it can no longer drop. After that start chucking your Pokeballs at it.

Note: If you trying to catch a Pokemon like Snorlax, or Articuno (FireRed/LeafGreen) or Groudon (Ruby,HeartGold,Emerald) a slightly different method should be used.

For a pokemon like Snorlax it is able to use Rest which gets annoying so basically ThunderWave will not really be helping out at the start nor will your fix damaging attack will either. What you should be doing is start lowering its defense stat first or Snorlax might use Rest to recover all that damage. Then you can start Thunder Wave Snorlax and DragonRage it next.

In Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen Articuno, Articuno is able to use Mist which is basically the same as Guard Spec. What Mist and Guard Spec effect is that for the next upcomin 5 turns all effects that reduce status is negated so basically Gyarado's Intimidate is negated, Leer, Tail Whip, Screen, Fake Tears e.t.c won't work but in the mean time start DragonRaging Articuno down a bit and Paralyze it while your at it. Once Mist wears off start lowering Articuno's defense since you it just wore off.

As for Groudon since its part ground like its name suggest its obviously part ground type so you should use something like Beautifly and make it use Stun Spore which is basically the same thing as Thunder Wave. Then start damaging it as much as you can and weaken its defense.

Optional Attacks:
- Fake Tears - this will weaken the target's Spec Defense
- Stun Spore - secondary backup if Thunder Wave can't effect the Pokemon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
This is the team I always use to catch Pokemon like Kyogre,Groudon,Articuno,Moltres,Zapdos e.t.c. This also comes with their moveset.

Pikachu: Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Tail Whip, Quick Attack
Gyarados: DragonRage, Leer,

Note: I did fail at catching Mewtwo using my own method =[ I got 3 complete shakes but 4 times they all failed.

I do not recommend putting the target to sleep or freezing it.

Sleep - putting the Pokemon to sleep will only last 2-5 turns but sometimes 2-7 turns, due to contrary belief that it can only last 2-5 turns, watching Chuggaaconroy's videos the legendary pokemon still broke free even though it was still asleep. I dont recommend putting them to sleep.

Frozen - with in 2-5 turns it will be thawed out meaning its free again.

both sleep and freezing it will wear off and you gotta put them back to sleep and re-freeze it. Good luck not running out of Hypnosis, Dark Void, Sleep Powder, Spore, Ice Beam e.t.c.

Paralyzing the foe does not wear off unless they have the shed skin ability which gives the foe a 30% chance of the status problem to wear off, every single turn it has a status problem.

I hope this tutorial helps you out with your Pokemon catching. ^_^ As the title says I did create this way of catching Pokemon hehehe. Good luck using this method (if you plan to) =]

Last edited by RenRei00 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.dailymotion.com/RenRei00#video=xn80vb
ZeroHero
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
ZeroHero

Male Number of posts : 480
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 2579-1318-6605
Date Joined : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Pokemon Catching Method   Rei's Pokemon Catching Method Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 9:53 am

I don't think lowering the Pokemon's stats increases the capture rate. False Swipe would be better than fixed damage, though.
Back to top Go down
Hysamacc
Duelist Admiral
Duelist Admiral
Hysamacc

Female Number of posts : 240
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3137-4356-2250
Date Joined : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Pokemon Catching Method   Rei's Pokemon Catching Method Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:12 am

I agree with Zero
Even if you use a lvl 100 against a lvl 1 it'll still survive
Back to top Go down
RenRei00
Administrator
Administrator
RenRei00

Male Number of posts : 1017
5Ds WC 2011 FC : Retired
Date Joined : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Pokemon Catching Method   Rei's Pokemon Catching Method Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 5:08 pm

ZeroHero wrote:
I don't think lowering the Pokemon's stats increases the capture rate. False Swipe would be better than fixed damage, though.

I recommend using fix damage attacks to get it where you want it. Using false swipe will take some time to get it down to 1 HP. If you really want to get it down to low enough HP by all means go right ahead. Using False Swipe mostly does it base power of 40, when I use it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.dailymotion.com/RenRei00#video=xn80vb
ZeroHero
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
ZeroHero

Male Number of posts : 480
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 2579-1318-6605
Date Joined : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Pokemon Catching Method   Rei's Pokemon Catching Method Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 6:16 pm

Just use Swords Dance a few times and False Swipe should get it to 1HP in 1 or 2 moves.
Back to top Go down
InfinitySlayer
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
InfinitySlayer

Male Number of posts : 1036
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 1806-3968-9281
Date Joined : 2009-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Pokemon Catching Method   Rei's Pokemon Catching Method Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 6:59 pm

Yeah, False Swipe is an awesome move to catch Pokemon with.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkInfinitySlayer
blackarchfienddragon
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
blackarchfienddragon

Male Number of posts : 928
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 1849-0393-2024
Date Joined : 2009-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Pokemon Catching Method   Rei's Pokemon Catching Method Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 12:59 am

InfinitySlayer wrote:
Yeah, False Swipe is an awesome move to catch Pokemon with.

renrei is rite, that would work. but my personal opinian is to use false swipe.
Back to top Go down
Drakan
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
Drakan

Male Number of posts : 367
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 0174|0024|8838
Tournament Awards : Rei's Pokemon Catching Method Png10
Date Joined : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Pokemon Catching Method   Rei's Pokemon Catching Method Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:20 pm

Couldnt you just use master ball? go win the lottery
Back to top Go down
blackarchfienddragon
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
blackarchfienddragon

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Pokemon Catching Method   Rei's Pokemon Catching Method Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:03 am

Drakan wrote:

the lottory is hard to win, ive never won it b4
Back to top Go down
Hysamacc
Duelist Admiral
Duelist Admiral
Hysamacc

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Pokemon Catching Method   Rei's Pokemon Catching Method Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 9:27 am

Drakan wrote:
Unless you hack a Pokemon to have the same number's it's almost impossible to win....
Back to top Go down
InfinitySlayer
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
InfinitySlayer

Male Number of posts : 1036
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 1806-3968-9281
Date Joined : 2009-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Pokemon Catching Method   Rei's Pokemon Catching Method Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 2:26 pm

Why hack for the same number when you can just hack Master Balls x999?

>_>
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkInfinitySlayer
Hysamacc
Duelist Admiral
Duelist Admiral
Hysamacc

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Pokemon Catching Method   Rei's Pokemon Catching Method Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 4:35 pm

InfinitySlayer wrote:

>_>
Exactly <.<
Back to top Go down
blackarchfienddragon
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
blackarchfienddragon

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Pokemon Catching Method   Rei's Pokemon Catching Method Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 4:36 pm

Hysamacc wrote:
InfinitySlayer wrote:

>_>
Exactly <.<

good point infinity
Back to top Go down
Figaro1
Duelist
Duelist
Figaro1

Male Number of posts : 22
5Ds WC 2011 FC : dont have WC 09
Date Joined : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Pokemon Catching Method   Rei's Pokemon Catching Method Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 4:59 pm

that is what i do at the beginning of the game along with the pokemon modifier code. (The one that uses the Calculator, not Master Balls.)
Back to top Go down
Skevengal
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Skevengal

Male Number of posts : 841
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4770 - 8456 - 5123
Date Joined : 2011-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Pokemon Catching Method   Rei's Pokemon Catching Method Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 6:49 pm

First thing I do is a Quick Ball, if that doesn't work use Swords Dance and then False Swipe, and then Spore, chuck Dusk(If at night or in a cave), Dive(Diving, or surfing or fishing) Nest(Depending on the Pokes level) or Fast(If it's a roaming poke), if non of these conditions apply, chuck Ultra balls until 30 turns have passed, after chuck Timer Balls, the pokemon will most likely wake up during this time frame so continue to put it to sleep, there is a formula where the catch rate can be increased by x2 if it's sleep or freeze and since freeze is...almost impossible to apply on a poke guranteed, use sleep, any other status effect will only have x1.5 although like Rei said, constantly putting the poke to sleep may be...troublesome, it may help in the end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rei's Pokemon Catching Method   Rei's Pokemon Catching Method Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rei's Pokemon Catching Method
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The K.W.C. Forum :: Gaming :: Pokemon Games-
Jump to: