The K.W.C. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomePortalRegisterLog in

When to max out?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeroHero
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
ZeroHero

Male Number of posts : 480
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 2579-1318-6605
Date Joined : 2009-08-03

When to max out? Empty
PostSubject: When to max out?   When to max out? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:12 pm

I see this mistake a lot and felt I should address it. If it doesn't belong here, move it.

There's a few good cards that should usually be maxed out. One of these is a card played in most decks: Solemn Judgment. To activate it, you have to pay half your Life Points. If you play 3, that cost becomes less and less. Also, you run 3, you have more chance of drawing them so you can set more than one at a time. Whereas if you only have 1 and it's Solemned, too bad for you. You always want to win a Solemn war, so max it out!

Field Spells aren't the best in the game, but some of the better ones are best when run in multiples. These include Geartown, Ancient City, and Hero City. Geartown's effect activates when they're destroyed. Your opponent's smart, he's not going to destroy it himself. And you only have one Heavy Storm in your deck. So play extra copies on top of it! Ancient City and Hero City both have once per turn effects. If you have a second one in your hand, you can play that on top of it to activate their effects again.

Wulf is probably the most confusing card. Because of its summoning conditions, yes it hurts to draw it. But when you only run one copy and draw that, it hurts more than if you have two more in your deck. Maxing out also increases the chances of milling it. Wulf also provides the all important card presence which makes it an important member of the LS family.

If a card's cost is easily covered by your deck and greatly helps it, it should obviously be maxxed out. Allure of Darkness, Honest, and Red-Eyes Black Wyvern are among these.

And then there are cards that are just too good to not run 3 of, such as Bottomless Trap Hole. Usually these cards are a 1-for-1 trade off with your opponent that can be used in most situations.

If a deck revolves around a non-searchable card (excluding Gold Sarc), max it out unless: its condition involves certain cards being on the field (tribute, etc.) or requires you to discard a card or cards from your hand. It's usually a bad idea to max out cards that cause you to lose card advantage. (thanks to blackarchfienddragon for bringing this up)

That's all I can think of for now. If anyone has anything to add, let me know and I'll add it with credit to you. Hope this helps everyone with their deck building!

Last edited by ZeroHero on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blackarchfienddragon
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
blackarchfienddragon

Male Number of posts : 928
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 1849-0393-2024
Special Awards : When to max out? Png10
Date Joined : 2009-04-24

When to max out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to max out?   When to max out? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:52 pm

if u were going to make a raviel deck(just random) would u max out raviel
Back to top Go down
ZeroHero
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
ZeroHero

When to max out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to max out?   When to max out? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 8:12 pm

It can depend. Generally, if it takes more than a turn to pull off the summon condition and it's the deck's focus, run 2.
Back to top Go down
blackarchfienddragon
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
blackarchfienddragon

Male Number of posts : 928
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 1849-0393-2024
Special Awards : When to max out? Png10
Date Joined : 2009-04-24

When to max out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to max out?   When to max out? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:09 am

kk, so usually just run 2, im tryna make a new deck, but i always get bad draws. can i give u it so u can help me do some improvements
Back to top Go down
ZeroHero
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
ZeroHero

When to max out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to max out?   When to max out? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:47 am

Just post it on the forum and first post edited.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

When to max out? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When to max out?   When to max out? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When to max out?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The K.W.C. Forum :: Duelist's Corner :: Card Ruling/Walkthrough/Game Help-
Jump to: