The K.W.C. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomePortalRegisterLog in

the new chat room site

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Deng
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Deng

Male Number of posts : 757
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 2751-3229-9785
Special Awards : the new chat room site 9breaker-1
Date Joined : 2009-02-04

the new chat room site Empty
PostSubject: the new chat room site   the new chat room site Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:49 pm

is there a way that u can let us change the background colors? the white background to me makes it a little uncomforable because im so use to the blue one like the one we use for this site. what i am suggesting is can u make serval different background color of our choice and we pick which one we like? i ll try to explain it more clearly.

Let say someone like blue they click a tab color blue and the background is blue. Some one likes red, they click the the tab color red and the background red and on and on it goes. The white to me seem kinda old fashion.

If u could do that thank you very much, but if u cant i also understand.
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

Male Number of posts : 2237
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4169 - 7784 - 9311
Tournament Awards : the new chat room site Pictur10
Special Awards : the new chat room site Png10
Date Joined : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: the new chat room site   the new chat room site Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 1:15 am

yeh sorry to hear that u dont like white. the white is site basic of not seing things through. It works for goiogle ads and most site u'll find will be white rather than to have color. It's more like a webmaster code of being white that changes color.

In the past we used to use this same meebo chat but with different color when the site template was blueer as the forum. The only way that can happen is if I went straight to meebo and recreate a new chat without using my meebo account to save it. this meebo chat was created long ago so I got access to this chat whenever I want.

Also when you have a save chat it's better than to have a random made chat, because later when u want to modify it u cant. U want have access to is as it would stand out as a random chat, which is why if u log in to meebo and type "KWC" on the rom search u'll fing about 10 other chat made before the original chat rom which we have now.

Changing blue will not match the site's bg because it's white, and putting a color chat will make me recreate a random chat which I cannot modify later on Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.konamiworldchampionship.com/
webmaster
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
webmaster

Male Number of posts : 1547
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 0818-1241-0766 / 0302-7428-4649
Date Joined : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: the new chat room site   the new chat room site Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 1:26 am

lol it's okay dude^_^
we'll just get used to it^_^
like what i did with the blue chat^_^
hehe.
new chat is awesome^_^
though could be a little bigger^_^
but that's it!
everything else about it is awesome^_^
Back to top Go down
Yami Kevin
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Yami Kevin

Male Number of posts : 641
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3739-1615-2365
Date Joined : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: the new chat room site   the new chat room site Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 8:39 am

hmm maybe the age rules cus its really annoying
Back to top Go down
Mark Truesdale
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Mark Truesdale

Male Number of posts : 604
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3653 4497 8955
Date Joined : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: the new chat room site   the new chat room site Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 5:18 am

I personally don't like the new chat site. The old one was way better, and it was easier to enter and to use it. The new one is still hassling and it takes a lot of time to enter it. I suggest that we use the old one again.. please?
Back to top Go down
Yami Kevin
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Yami Kevin

Male Number of posts : 641
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 3739-1615-2365
Date Joined : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: the new chat room site   the new chat room site Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 9:38 am

Mark Truesdale wrote:
I personally don't like the new chat site. The old one was way better, and it was easier to enter and to use it. The new one is still hassling and it takes a lot of time to enter it. I suggest that we use the old one again.. please?
really this is a good idea and will make the tourney more easy for the one who are still gonna duel please can we have the old chat back?
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

Male Number of posts : 2237
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4169 - 7784 - 9311
Tournament Awards : the new chat room site Pictur10
Date Joined : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: the new chat room site   the new chat room site Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 2:10 pm

I take you all didn't read the announcement. http://konamiwc.ogameplayer.com/announcements-and-updates-f2/chat-moved-to-the-site-t910.htm#10025

Read it and watch the video. If this forum started out the time I was here I wouldn't allow a chat in it. Matter of fact visit any site, there shouldn't be a chat in it. Because the webmaster needs site pageviewers as well. Putting back the chat is like saying "delete the site and I don't care if it existed." And all sites that started out the webmaster always use a different forum host than the web server they used. Most likely you'll see Phpbb forums which is what we now use here. Meaning I made the KWC site from webs.com and the forum from forumotion. Two different server and I have to pay for both to be .com rather than to have one to be .com. (which can be very stressful on the bills, but I have to sometimes in the future)

The site's forum is this: http://konamiworldchampionship.webs.com/apps/forums/

(This forum was reelased on webs of Sep 08, 2008. Imagine we moved to this forumotion from Sep 28th. I was working on sites projects that has both equal forum and site base for 1 perfect bookmark and page visitors but I stop because of this forum's progress. Later on I went and try looking for a new site server which could use this forum as a portal and changes the name so you guys can log in to the site and visited the forum, but the host failed too. Link: http://konamiworldchampionship.page.tl/KWC-Forum.htm?PHPSESSID=6e149b7f97e70f4c85756a46169d1c48)

We would have moved to this forum around January or on the release of WC 09 which was what I planned on moving to one final site and forum (even tried to make my brother disagree on the moving back when I was absence and when he informed me about it, but the staffs had different plans and the project was already shown to other members which they all support - it would have been the same if I had told them about the site's forum and their profile update activities) , but since we've already moved to a new host once, moving twice just make this like a game of moving over and over again, which pretty gets everyone's uninterested and often lose members.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also a site stands on its forum. Like Marriland he prefer not to have a chat.

Here's some sites I've checked that are famous and has chat in it on the site page rather than the forum,

http://serebii.net/ (was there before Marriland's site and has a page site rather than a Chat on the forum). The webmaster is smart enough to know that he/she needs pageviers.

http://setokaiba.com/ (famous OCG/TCG gaming site and the chat is used by another portal rather than to be used in the forum)

http://www.toriyamaworld.com/ (famous mange site which has a different page for chat)

Which proves my point on the chat page thing. All professional sites and webmasters knows better to separate a forum and a chat. You get the feeling of login in the forum to post and going to the chat for other meeting reasons or daily activities. It's the same same thing as log in the forum to view and waiting for someone to come and chat while you can do that in the site and open a new window for the forum (this is how we used to be in the past before we moved to this forum). That way the daily average visitors of the site and the forum is equal.

Please read the annoucement and the video I show. It shows the site's stat and everything of why I moved the chat. Also I wouldn't have done it if I didn't see other proffesional sites that has it too.

Now for the chat thing, I can use the one provided by webs, which is worst that meebo and is as slow as anything. It's the same style of this forum chat, all except it does not have smileys and doesn't show online users. Therefor I use meebo roms.

If you guys are fans of chatangle, then I had a chat made for KWC in there in the sidebar. I can easily go to my main dayvividnerdvillage account and widen it on the site's pages width and length, but you'll be needing an account. I'm not sure if it's better than meebo roms, but it's not bad and doesn't cloud my judgment when I used it.

Xat, I will not use because VenusRose cannot access to them as I've tried her in the past. With this being said there might be other people that cannot access to them as well, so again meebo is the best solution and it's what we used to have on the starting site from our old forum.

This topic is closed because it'll be leading to "I dont like the site's chat" comments like over and over again because most of you members that join this forum have been addicted to its chat. It's time we look for a new changes that benefits everyone.

Continue this topic on which chat we should use from the site from the announcements rather than more negativity of I don't like...
Back to top Go down
http://www.konamiworldchampionship.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the new chat room site   the new chat room site Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the new chat room site
Page 1 of 1