The K.W.C. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomePortalRegisterLog in

Favorite One Piece character?

Go down 
+3
9 breaker
Duel Bot
Light0fTwilight
7 posters

Ruffy / Luffy
Favorite One Piece character? Vote_lcap20%Favorite One Piece character? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Zoro
Favorite One Piece character? Vote_lcap40%Favorite One Piece character? Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Nami
Favorite One Piece character? Vote_lcap10%Favorite One Piece character? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Usopp
Favorite One Piece character? Vote_lcap0%Favorite One Piece character? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Sanji
Favorite One Piece character? Vote_lcap20%Favorite One Piece character? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Tony Tony Choppa
Favorite One Piece character? Vote_lcap0%Favorite One Piece character? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Robin
 0% [ 0 ]
Franky
Favorite One Piece character? Vote_lcap10%Favorite One Piece character? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Light0fTwilight
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Light0fTwilight

Male Number of posts : 1264
5Ds WC 2011 FC : None at the moment
Special Awards : Favorite One Piece character? Twilightaward
Date Joined : 2008-09-30

Favorite One Piece character? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite One Piece character?   Favorite One Piece character? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:45 am

Who is you'r fvorite One Piece character?

Mine is Ruffy/Luffy. He always make me laugh! Razz

By the way do some one know what Ruffy/Luffy name is? Is it Ruffy or Luffy?
In the swedish manga his name is Ruffy. But in the viewers letter they say "his name isen't Ruffy it's Luffy."
Are he called Luffy in the dub or some thing? I know alot of people say that japanese people can't say "R" they say "L" insted.
But when I listen to a jap they more say a combination of L and R... :S
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Light0fTwilight
Duel Bot
Administrator
Administrator
Duel Bot

Male Number of posts : 680
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4898-7788-9503
Date Joined : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Favorite One Piece character?   Favorite One Piece character? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:14 am

My favorite is Zoro. Then it's Luffy ^_^

Well both Ruffy and Luffy aren't wrong as in Japanese, the pronounciation of R is also L (when you try to say it, so your hearing isn't wrong in which you say it sounds in between R and L). In the Wanted Posters, it's written Monkey D. Luffy, so I guess Luffy is correct. I don't know why it's Ruffy in Swedish except that they may have translated his name before seeing the Wanted Poster. Ruffy isn't wrong though if you pronounce it in Japanese. I would say most fans will use Luffy unless you watch the Swedish dub.

More examples of different name translations can be seen in Marik/Malik from Ygo, in which half the fans say Malik and half say Marik (because of the dub).
Back to top Go down
http://www.dayvividnerdvillage.org
Light0fTwilight
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Light0fTwilight

Male Number of posts : 1264
5Ds WC 2011 FC : None at the moment
Special Awards : Favorite One Piece character? Twilightaward
Date Joined : 2008-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Favorite One Piece character?   Favorite One Piece character? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 10:11 am

VenusRose wrote:
Well both Ruffy and Luffy aren't wrong as in Japanese, the pronounciation of R is also L (when you try to say it, so your hearing isn't wrong in which you say it sounds in between R and L). In the Wanted Posters, it's written Monkey D. Luffy, so I guess Luffy is correct. I don't know why it's Ruffy in Swedish except that they may have translated his name before seeing the Wanted Poster. Ruffy isn't wrong though if you pronounce it in Japanese. I would say most fans will use Luffy unless you watch the Swedish dub.

More examples of different name translations can be seen in Marik/Malik from Ygo, in which half the fans say Malik and half say Marik (because of the dub).
hx for clearing that up for me. I have never watched the anime just read the manga so I have never heard his name. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Light0fTwilight
9 breaker
Duelist Admiral
Duelist Admiral
9 breaker

Male Number of posts : 205
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 2063 2046 1534
Special Awards : Favorite One Piece character? 9breaker-1
Date Joined : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Favorite One Piece character?   Favorite One Piece character? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 1:46 pm

Luffy and Zoro are both cool. I voted for Luffy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite One Piece character?   Favorite One Piece character? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 3:38 pm

Luffy!
Back to top Go down
sedicius
Administrator
Administrator
sedicius

Female Number of posts : 407
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 1032-5848-8523
Special Awards : Favorite One Piece character? Png10
Date Joined : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Favorite One Piece character?   Favorite One Piece character? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 3:45 pm

I vote Sanji.

(Luffy's name is pronounced "loofy")
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/sedicius
daniel100
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
daniel100

Male Number of posts : 674
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 5413-0150-8212
Date Joined : 2008-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Favorite One Piece character?   Favorite One Piece character? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 1:29 am

zoro!
Back to top Go down
AmaTerasU
Novice Duelist
Novice Duelist
AmaTerasU

Male Number of posts : 57
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4769-9247-4069
Tournament Awards : Favorite One Piece character? C3
Date Joined : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Favorite One Piece character?   Favorite One Piece character? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:34 am

sanji is cool.. cheers
Back to top Go down
Chris007
Duelist Admiral
Duelist Admiral
Chris007

Male Number of posts : 146
5Ds WC 2011 FC : しみず: 2021 2124 1091
Date Joined : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Favorite One Piece character?   Favorite One Piece character? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:44 am

AWW... SUPER FRANKY... COUP DE BURST Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite One Piece character?   Favorite One Piece character? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1