The K.W.C. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomePortalRegisterLog in

Gotta try this thing and getting better at it!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

Male Number of posts : 2237
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4169 - 7784 - 9311
Tournament Awards : Gotta try this thing and getting better at it! Pictur10
Special Awards : Gotta try this thing and getting better at it! Png10
Date Joined : 2008-10-04

Gotta try this thing and getting better at it! Empty
PostSubject: Gotta try this thing and getting better at it!   Gotta try this thing and getting better at it! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:22 pm

Gotta try this thing and getting better at it! 88x31YM

First pic that I made to affiliate sites with. And this is found at the bottom of the main site which links to another site. Simply all I know was to minimize the size of the pic and write on it.

Gotta try this thing and getting better at it! Final

Recently on other forum sites, I've made buddies, and friends, and apparently another site like the YugiohMovies site, so he wants to help promoting it. His is a noobish site and is made in profile like, but somehow it gets over 15000 views so check out my banner on his site. www.inuyashamovies.net . I learn how to make background image using GIMP and highlight by chosing color.

Gotta try this thing and getting better at it! 766x136

I took down the site, and work on a template. It was hard to choose since originally I like white templates better than colorfull. I went back and visit some sites that have themes of Yugioh, and many others. Spend over 24 hours just choosing between 100+ templates over and over again. I went to photobucket and try to take the easy way out by stealing a photo when I realize that most of them are simply no brain, and merging pics together witch text front. So I design this banner like that. I got sloppy on the space and forgot to make the background black, but I manage to move it around the site and these white spot stays invisible. Check it out! www.yugiohmovies.co.nr

When I learn how to cut out pics, and give them shadow as, I'll use everything I learn and start designing my own banner for both this site and my other two sites. BTW I'm going to change the template of KWC back how it was when I make a perfect site banner, because the template that the site has now works with "no banner". Most cool sites have banners to impress visitors.

Last edited by KWC on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.konamiworldchampionship.com/

PostSubject: Re: Gotta try this thing and getting better at it!   Gotta try this thing and getting better at it! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:11 pm

My suggestions:
The texts in the first logo needs to be centered. Plus it's almost hard to read because I had to guess the 3rd word was "movies". Just fix that with an "Outer Glow" or change the color from white to a darker one. Don't forget white is the absence of colors. It's lifeless unless a darker color is dominating it.

Same thing for the second one. The texts would stand out more with a "Drop Shadow" or an "Outer Glow". And just make sure you don't leave the background raw. Apply some effects onto it.

And let me just assume you're not done with the last one...The font you applied on it seems a bit devastating so if you need better fonts: Click Here
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

Male Number of posts : 2237
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4169 - 7784 - 9311
Tournament Awards : Gotta try this thing and getting better at it! Pictur10
Special Awards : Gotta try this thing and getting better at it! Png10
Date Joined : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Gotta try this thing and getting better at it!   Gotta try this thing and getting better at it! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:36 pm

Thanks for the fronts. I always wonder where to download them. I'm gonna check them out and fix this when I have time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.konamiworldchampionship.com/
Shiki
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Shiki

Male Number of posts : 1624
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 0474-9581-2060
Date Joined : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Gotta try this thing and getting better at it!   Gotta try this thing and getting better at it! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:34 am

Have you tried using GIMP?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotta try this thing and getting better at it!   Gotta try this thing and getting better at it! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:35 am

Shiki wrote:
Have you tried using GIMP?

He uses it.
Back to top Go down
Shiki
Star Duelist
Star Duelist
Shiki

Male Number of posts : 1624
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 0474-9581-2060
Date Joined : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Gotta try this thing and getting better at it!   Gotta try this thing and getting better at it! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:41 am

Ahh. Just curious.
Back to top Go down
Duel Bot
Administrator
Administrator
Duel Bot

Male Number of posts : 680
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4898-7788-9503
Date Joined : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Gotta try this thing and getting better at it!   Gotta try this thing and getting better at it! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:39 am

A good start and glad you're learning how to make them. It may take time for you to make them the way you invisioned it but for now, yeah I think Greg mentioned how to fix the texts as well as Sedicius so I don't really have to mention how to fix the texts. With the pictures, maybe use the eraser tool at 50% or so to blend the pictures together, and play around with adjusting the colors using Hue/Saturation/Color Balance/Brightness Contrast or others. It may give you some nicer colors (assuming you're still using photoshop)

I guess keep us updated on the new updates you made if you'd like more feedback.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dayvividnerdvillage.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gotta try this thing and getting better at it!   Gotta try this thing and getting better at it! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gotta try this thing and getting better at it!
Page 1 of 1