The K.W.C. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomePortalRegisterLog in

20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shikamaru
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
Shikamaru

Male Number of posts : 423
5Ds WC 2011 FC : Pending
Tournament Awards : 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Untitled-3-2
Special Awards : 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Shikamaru
Date Joined : 2008-09-25

20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Empty
PostSubject: 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!!   20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:55 pm

I've been having some issues with this deck. I mean 50% of the time it works perfectly, and the other 50% it...well...doesn't. I finally decided I need help from some professionals. It's a Final Countdown Deck by the way.

Deck Name: Tick-Tock Deck
Banlist: Sept. 2008

Destiny Hero - Diamond Dude x3
Gellenduo x3
Gravekeeper's Guard x2
Mask of Darkness x2
Moisture Creature
Protector of the Sanctuary x2
Sangan
Spirit Reaper
Wall of Illusion x2

Final Countdown x3 (Key Card)
Gold Sarcophagus
Lightning Vortex
Magical Mallet
Messenger of Peace x3
Swords of Revealing Light

Aegis of Gaia x2
Crush Card Virus
Fake Trap x2
Gravity Bind
Magic Drain x2
Mask of Restrict x2
Mirror Force
Radiant Mirror Force
Wall of Revealing Light

This deck has been edited. Changes are in bold.

Last edited by Syrus on Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darkness92
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist

Male Number of posts : 300
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 2149 5127 4822
Special Awards : 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Darkness92-1
Date Joined : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!!   20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 11:43 am

Why not add like a dark door to stop all your monsters and only one can attack, really good when having a gyroid. Add cards that stop monsters from attacking like swords of revealing light and nightmare steelcage. Try gaining life points in case u don't have any life points to activate final countdown. Exp. from marshmallon and spirit reaper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!!   20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 4:25 am

NoName wrote:

Gellenduo x3
Gravekeeper's Guard x3
Mask of Darkness x2
Morphing Jar
Spirit Reaper
Wall of Illusion x3

Final Countdown x3
Book of Moon x2
Lightning Vortex x2 (If my opponent's field gets too crowded. Also for Jinzo who loves to ruin my fun)
Messenger of Peace x3

Aegis of Gaia x2
Crush Card Virus (The explanation for the Wall of Illusions. A surprisingly good stall card)
Dark Bribe x3
Gravity Bind
Magic Jammer x2
Mask of Restrict x2 (Monarchs and Light and Darkness Dragon have some trouble when this is out)
Mirror Force
Solemn Judgement x3

3x Solemn Judgement and 3x Dark Bride. Lol, it's stuffed. I usually reject those cards because I despise them. If the intent of them is to protect your stall Spells/Traps cards then I suggest you use "Fake Trap" a little more. This is a perfect reason why most people have a bad draw ratio. And Book of Moon isn't really necessary. Try having 3 copies of D. Hero Diamond Dude and a copy of Sangan. I also think L. Votex weakens you since it requires you to discard, replace one copy with Radiant Mirror Force. And 2x Magic Jammer overkills it because once again it requires you to discard precious cards. Magic Drain is more effective. And since you have 3x of Gellenduo, Moisture Creature would somewhat become handy if there's an openning because you can't only rely on Final Countdown.

Tha's all for now but I may be open to discuss it more if you reply.
Back to top Go down
Shikamaru
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
Shikamaru

PostSubject: Re: 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!!   20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 4:12 pm

Greto Kaibou wrote:
NoName wrote:

Gellenduo x3
Gravekeeper's Guard x3
Mask of Darkness x2
Morphing Jar
Spirit Reaper
Wall of Illusion x3

Final Countdown x3
Book of Moon x2
Lightning Vortex x2 (If my opponent's field gets too crowded. Also for Jinzo who loves to ruin my fun)
Messenger of Peace x3

Aegis of Gaia x2
Crush Card Virus (The explanation for the Wall of Illusions. A surprisingly good stall card)
Dark Bribe x3
Gravity Bind
Magic Jammer x2
Mask of Restrict x2 (Monarchs and Light and Darkness Dragon have some trouble when this is out)
Mirror Force
Solemn Judgement x3

3x Solemn Judgement and 3x Dark Bride. Lol, it's stuffed. I usually reject those cards because I despise them. If the intent of them is to protect your stall Spells/Traps cards then I suggest you use "Fake Trap" a little more. This is a perfect reason why most people have a bad draw ratio. And Book of Moon isn't really necessary. Try having 3 copies of D. Hero Diamond Dude and a copy of Sangan. I also think L. Votex weakens you since it requires you to discard, replace one copy with Radiant Mirror Force. And 2x Magic Jammer overkills it because once again it requires you to discard precious cards. Magic Drain is more effective. And since you have 3x of Gellenduo, Moisture Creature would somewhat become handy if there's an openning because you can't only rely on Final Countdown.

Wow. Never thought of all that. I'm also not the biggest fan of Solemn Judgement in the Countdown deck because it takes too many points. Glad I have a good reason to take it out now. Fake Trap...I seriously never thought of using that card. Diamond Dude too...With him I wouldn't have to worry about paying the cost of the Countdown. Sangan I already added after posting this. I've used Radiant Mirror force in the past, guess it was a bad idea to take it out. Moisture Creature...ur very smart...I got a lot to learn.

I've also been debating on whether I should put Mask of Restrict in my side deck instead of my Main Deck. Not everyone uses Monarchs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!!   20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 11:47 pm

NoName wrote:
Greto Kaibou wrote:
NoName wrote:

Gellenduo x3
Gravekeeper's Guard x3
Mask of Darkness x2
Morphing Jar
Spirit Reaper
Wall of Illusion x3

Final Countdown x3
Book of Moon x2
Messenger of Peace x3

Aegis of Gaia x2
Dark Bribe x3
Gravity Bind
Magic Jammer x2
Mirror Force
Solemn Judgement x3

Wow. Never thought of all that. I'm also not the biggest fan of Solemn Judgement in the Countdown deck because it takes too many points. Glad I have a good reason to take it out now. Fake Trap...I seriously never thought of using that card. Diamond Dude too...With him I wouldn't have to worry about paying the cost of the Countdown. Sangan I already added after posting this. I've used Radiant Mirror force in the past, guess it was a bad idea to take it out. Moisture Creature...ur very smart...I got a lot to learn.

I've also been debating on whether I should put Mask of Restrict in my side deck instead of my Main Deck. Not everyone uses Monarchs.

1 copy in the deck wouldn't affect it that much.
Back to top Go down
Shikamaru
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
Shikamaru

PostSubject: Re: 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!!   20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 11:53 pm

Greto Kaibou wrote:
NoName wrote:
Greto Kaibou wrote:
NoName wrote:

Gellenduo x3
Gravekeeper's Guard x3
Mask of Darkness x2
Morphing Jar
Spirit Reaper
Wall of Illusion x3

Final Countdown x3
Book of Moon x2
Messenger of Peace x3

Aegis of Gaia x2
Dark Bribe x3
Gravity Bind
Magic Jammer x2
Mirror Force
Solemn Judgement x3

1 copy in the deck wouldn't affect it that much.

True. Alright, following your advice, I'm gonna rebuild this deck from scratch. Then we'll see how much better it is.
Back to top Go down
Shikamaru
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
Shikamaru

PostSubject: Re: 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!!   20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:49 am

I rebuilt the deck and it works pretty well. The changes of the deck are in the first post. They're in bold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!!   20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 2:10 pm

NoName wrote:
I rebuilt the deck and it works pretty well. The changes of the deck are in the first post. They're in bold.

Good Very Happy Are you willing to test it on me? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shikamaru
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
Shikamaru

PostSubject: Re: 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!!   20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 2:53 pm

Greto Kaibou wrote:
NoName wrote:

Sure thing...whenever you want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!!   20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 2:55 pm

Syrus wrote:
Greto Kaibou wrote:
NoName wrote:

I'll look forward to win, so you'll have to prevent that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shikamaru
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
Shikamaru

PostSubject: Re: 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!!   20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 2:56 pm

Greto Kaibou wrote:
Syrus wrote:
Greto Kaibou wrote:
NoName wrote:

I'll look forward to win, so you'll have to prevent that. Smile

I'm sure you are. I don't expect anything less from a top duelist like you.
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

Male Number of posts : 2237
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4169 - 7784 - 9311
Tournament Awards : 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Pictur10
Special Awards : 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Png10
Date Joined : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!!   20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 4:20 pm

Really, I hate decks that stalls. Each time I fix the list some smart geniuses always find a way to win another possible way. Stalling...
Back to top Go down
http://www.konamiworldchampionship.com/
Shikamaru
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
Shikamaru

PostSubject: Re: 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!!   20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 4:50 pm

KWC wrote:
Really, I hate decks that stalls. Each time I fix the list some smart geniuses always find a way to win another possible way. Stalling...
This is the only kind of stall deck I use. Final Countdown is just so...underused, so it's only natural that I try to give it some life. Making underused cards feel welcome is something I like to do.
Back to top Go down
Spongebob (King)
Novice Duelist
Novice Duelist
Spongebob (King)

Male Number of posts : 43
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 120404626312
Date Joined : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!!   20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 4:55 pm

KWC wrote:
that's true... but in wc09 gyzarus, celestia, judgment dragon and some other cards stop this type of deck. i hate them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!!   20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:05 pm

Spongebob (King) wrote:
KWC wrote:
that's true... but in wc09 gyzarus, celestia, judgment dragon and some other cards stop this type of deck. i hate them

You mean Gladiator Beast Gyzarus and Celestia, Lightsworn Angel?
I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
dayvividnerdvillage
Administrator
Administrator
dayvividnerdvillage

Male Number of posts : 2237
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4169 - 7784 - 9311
Tournament Awards : 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Pictur10
Special Awards : 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Png10
Date Joined : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!!   20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 1:49 am

Spongebob (King) wrote:
KWC wrote:

Here's another way to beat a deck like this.

You make sure you win at least the first or the second round and take 3 min each of your turn if you plan on winning. The other rounds, take all the max (4.55 min) but not 5 min because from then you'll lose on wasting the game's time.

All Match duels have approximately 35 minutes to be finished. If all are wasted, from the third round, there will be something called "Time Duel" as soon as the second turn of the player that chooses or opponent chooses to go first.

Here's how time duel works. After the "Time Duel" is chosen, both players have an approximated turn to win. I count 2. If I have the most LP than my opponent on the 4th turn, I win.

So basically adding Solemn Judgment was a bad choice from the start, and Fake Trap only protects your trap. Also it would be very bad if you activated Aegis of Gaia and your opponent chained Dust Tornado or Mystical Space Typhoon.

So basically Syrus, all I need to beat this deck is a Ceasefire, Just Desserts, or Secret Barrel lol. side that with other burns, and I can stall minutes and uses the game's advantage to make me win lol.

And you were right, Final Countdown is broken, and rarely used because of this "Time Duel" thing. That's the easiest way to beat a deck even though all you want to do is "defend" yourself. That's why most players would rather stall and burn their opponent while stalling.

Come to think of it, I got the perfect deck I made from the start of WC 2007. I might want to look over that recipe when I face you on a tourney. A guy like you I don't know when to expect a stall duel or a real challenge. My brother have this deck as B - Defender.
Back to top Go down
http://www.konamiworldchampionship.com/

PostSubject: Re: 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!!   20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 2:40 am

KWC wrote:
Spongebob (King) wrote:
KWC wrote:

You make sure you win at least the first or the second round and take 3 min each of your turn if you plan on winning. The other rounds, take all the max (4.55 min) but not 5 min because from then you'll lose on wasting the game's time.

All Match duels have approximately 35 minutes to be finished. If all are wasted, from the third round, there will be something called "Time Duel" as soon as the second turn of the player that chooses or opponent chooses to go first.

Here's how time duel works. After the "Time Duel" is chosen, both players have an approximated turn to win. I count 2. If I have the most LP than my opponent on the 4th turn, I win.

So basically adding Solemn Judgment was a bad choice from the start, and Fake Trap only protects your trap. Also it would be very bad if you activated Aegis of Gaia and your opponent chained Dust Tornado or Mystical Space Typhoon.

So basically Syrus, all I need to beat this deck is a Ceasefire, Just Desserts, or Secret Barrel lol. side that with other burns, and I can stall minutes and uses the game's advantage to make me win lol.

And you were right, Final Countdown is broken, and rarely used because of this "Time Duel" thing. That's the easiest way to beat a deck even though all you want to do is "defend" yourself. That's why most players would rather stall and burn their opponent while stalling.

Come to think of it, I got the perfect deck I made from the start of WC 2007. I might want to look over that recipe when I face you on a tourney. A guy like you I don't know when to expect a stall duel or a real challenge. My brother have this deck as B - Defender.

The deck is not a weapon. He know's it's vulnerable. tongue
Back to top Go down
Shikamaru
Pro Duelist
Pro Duelist
Shikamaru

PostSubject: Re: 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!!   20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 5:59 pm

KWC wrote:
Spongebob (King) wrote:
KWC wrote:

I know burn kills this deck. That's what happened in a certain match I had with a certain person who beat me 2-0 when I tried it.

Believe me I know about the "Time Duel" thing. That's what happened when I faced WIM with a Countdown deck. It wasn't exactly this one but it was something like it. All I needed was a few more turns and I would have won the match, but I ran out of time. Knowing him, he probably had the cards to beat me anyway, but that's not the point. The point is I know this deck has weaknesses, but I like to use it. I don't use it all the time so don't expect to see it often when you duel me.
Back to top Go down
Cyber Dragon Master
n00b
n00b
Cyber Dragon Master

Male Number of posts : 255
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 4554-3580-2855
Date Joined : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!!   20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:02 pm

Syrus wrote:
I've been having some issues with this deck. I mean 50% of the time it works perfectly, and the other 50% it...well...doesn't. I finally decided I need help from some professionals. It's a Final Countdown Deck by the way.

Deck Name: Tick-Tock Deck
Banlist: Sept. 2008

Destiny Hero - Diamond Dude x3
Gellenduo x3
Gravekeeper's Guard x2
Mask of Darkness x2
Moisture Creature
Protector of the Sanctuary x2
Sangan
Spirit Reaper
Wall of Illusion x2

Final Countdown x3 (Key Card)
Gold Sarcophagus
Lightning Vortex
Magical Mallet
Messenger of Peace x3

Aegis of Gaia x2
Crush Card Virus
Fake Trap x2
Gravity Bind
Magic Drain x2
Mask of Restrict x2
Mirror Force
Radiant Mirror Force
Wall of Revealing Light

This deck has been edited. Changes are in bold.

use cards that increase your draw and buys time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!!   20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

20, 19, 18, 17.........0!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The K.W.C. Forum :: Duelist's Corner :: Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck Post-
Jump to: