The K.W.C. Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomePortalRegisterLog in

How do we Host a Tournament?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mahaou
Duelist Admiral
Duelist Admiral
Mahaou

Male Number of posts : 110
5Ds WC 2011 FC : 0130 2788 8036
Date Joined : 2008-09-26

How do we Host a Tournament? Empty
PostSubject: How do we Host a Tournament?   How do we Host a Tournament? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 7:04 am

Well, obviously some of you are somewhat confused, so I'll list the steps we follow to host tournaments. I'll try to be brief and easy as possible.

When hosting a tournament:
1) A Staff can only host a tournament with the permission and discussion topic from the staff's group.
2) Novice Duelist or Higher ranks can request their types of tournament by addressing a staff member.

When we Host tournaments:
1) Members are allow to sign up with their Game's given name (not forum name) and their FCs mentioned from the registration form. They may request to duel a staff only if they are a Novice duelist or Higher Ranks. If not they will play random to duel either a staff or a regular member.

Here's the sign up.
In Game Name: デイヴィッド KWC
Friend Code: 3136 8664 6735
(Tag) Opponent Requested: Greto Kaibou
-----------------------------
Tag Partner Requested: Dark King (King)
Tag Team Name (Not more than 14 space and word characters): Living Dynasty (this is my official trademark Tag Name so don't steal it)

2) Certain Cards will always be restricted depends on the varied Restricted Chosen Format. Also note that we only allow 1 kind of Tourney Formatting play: World Championship.
A) From World Championship Format here's the restricted cards we'll go along with it in all tourneys: 5 Exodia pieces. Stardust Dragon / Assault Mode; Slifer the Sky Dragon; The Winged Dragon of Ra; Level Limit - Area B; Prohibition; Reversal Quiz; Cloak and Dagger; Gravity Bind; Spacial Collapse; Cyber Blader; Neos Wiseman; Obelisk the Tormentor; Red-Eyes Wyvern; Demise, King of Armageddon; Dark Calling; Geartown; Gravekeeper's Servant; Insect Barrier; Mark of the Rose; Messenger of Peace; Nightmare's Steelcage; Stumbling; Super Polymerization; The Dark Door; Vengeful Bog Spirit; Evil Hero Dark Gaia; Evil Hero Malicious Fiend; Black Rose Dragon, Naturia Beast ; Trade-In; Lonefire Blossom; Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon; Red-Eyes Zombie Dragon.
B) Key Color: I am a banned card, I'm a limited card, I'm a semi-limited card.

3) There may be consisting of various kinds of various kind of Tournaments. Example: SINGLE TOURNAMENT, or TAG TOURNAMENT. (More information will be added from the Type of Tournament thread)

4) The minimum registered members we'll need to start a Tourney is 16. And the Maximum is 32. There may be Third party sign ups after.
A) Third party duelist(s) can replace an inactive registered member(s) or a member(s) that is(are) having difficulties from the preliminary round.

5) The tournament time or deadline date(s) will be determined by the Tournament organizer/creator.

Keeping track of Scores and Updates.
1) The tournament posse is (are) obliged to keep an eye on each of the members that are or aren't dueling. Keeping scores and updates from the Tournament Stadium.
A) Please give logical and reasonable explanations when disqualifying a participant.
B) Please give logical and reasonable explanations when replaying a participant.

2) An over all PM will be sent each time we'll move on to the next Round (also see the banner's info).

3) Follow and conduct the official Tournament format each round.
A) Preliminary Round: Duelist(s) that requested each other to duel or are randomly paired will battle it out to the death.
B) Secondary Round: Those that advances from the preliminary round will only face the best that are yet to come.
C) Semi-Finalist: These duelists will battle out not only from this round, from the one that fails to advance will re-battle out for 3rd place.
D) Finalist: Among these two best top players there can only be one that is more of an experience duelist. The Champion will be determined then.

Disqualification
1) Lying that you've won.
A) Eventually your opponent won't stay like this and let that happen. The staffs will be on your case, and in the end, we'll find who's lying.
B) When I step in on that cause I'll make sure justice is served correct and I will ban the other person for that.

2) Late timing.
A) Refer to this site's time zone. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
B) Private Message your opponent of when to duel asap and you must log in here everyday on tournament time. Also you may PM a staff to help you.

3) Being irresponsible.
A) Don't make excuses and take responsibility for being in a tourney.
B) Don't make us staff get involve in something so small that you could easily handle on your own. When you "cry wolf" later on, we will ignore you.

Replay Duels.
1) SINGLE TOURNAMENT: If the winner won and does not show up for the next match or duel, the loser will be given a second chance if he/she is still around. Thus the winner will be disqualify and the loser will advance by a Replay.

2) TAG TOURNAMENT: If a person that Tag up with another person decides to duel at the last minutes, and one of the players seemed to have a disagreement on the "deadline" date, he/she could find another back up team if in case his/her partner doesn't show up. They can only chose a single person that are either on the waiting sign up list or one of duelist that lost their previous duels. This may repeat over and as long (as the team stays different and not as similar as the previous eliminated team) there's a champion in the end. Credits will be giving to the finalist and not those that were in the replay.

Recording Tourney Vids:
1) First of all is that no one likes to post a losing vid from Youtube of themselves losing, so don't post of someone from here. If you are then follow this slight example:
A) Only post the Tournament Round description and the opponent name. And post a description that it's a tournament with relevant links from the Tournament Hall of Fame.
B) You may approached a staff here of your vid, so we can link it to the award description or post it from the The Movie Theater session and we may notice it and we'll still post it from the award session when the Tournament ends. If you are a champion, then you'll have your vid and members here will feel honored that they got to duel you.
C) Vid must have music and be edited with basic infos and link to this site forum. We don't accept noobish vids so be professional when you plan to post a vid.
D) Don't post vids saying "I beat a bunch of losers from a tourney site" and making this site look bad. I will personally punish you for life if you do.

With all being said, read and understand.
Back to top Go down
http://shattered-rebelion.forumotion.net/

How do we Host a Tournament?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The K.W.C. Forum :: Tourney & Events :: Wi-Fi Yugioh Tournament Registry-
Jump to: